Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 21
12-26-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearinggravity View Post
Probably should of stated this was a PvP build, as for parsing, you're not the only one with an ACT. the damage is circumstantial based on if/when an enemies shields drop. with 3 abilitys that can drop shields (due to systems engineers/warp theorist) doffs, it can pop well. a hazard emitters can usually be put in place of Polarize Hull for PvE, but i wouldnt reccomend using this in PvE.
Systems engineers don't drop shields. You'd better go back and read the tooltip. VM with a systems engineer does ABSOLUTELY nothing to shield power. I hope to never see you in an arena with no hull heals for yourself or your team. GL.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
12-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
Systems engineers don't drop shields. You'd better go back and read the tooltip. VM with a systems engineer does ABSOLUTELY nothing to shield power. I hope to never see you in an arena with no hull heals for yourself or your team. GL.
Fermion console is a heal, hazard emitters is something you can put in if you want, like I said before, and I also said Warp Theorist as well, this build uses energy siphon too. I'm pretty sure it can do okay in a team, however, team is usually fast paced, this build is better for turtling in 1v1's.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
12-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Fermion console is a heal, hazard emitters is something you can put in if you want, like I said before, and I also said Warp Theorist as well, this build uses energy siphon too. I'm pretty sure it can do okay in a team, however, team is usually fast paced, this build is better for turtling in 1v1's.
1.) Sorry, your builds made no mention of using a Fermion console which would give you a hull heal but it would only be once every 3 minutes. 2.) Also, your skill planners make no mention of using a Tachyon Beam which makes your Warp Theorst DOff useless since it doesn't affect your Delta fighters either. 3.) Energy Siphon by itself also has very little effect on actually dropping shields. At best you're looking to reduce an opponents regen and resistance as well as heals.

Why not test your build in a team first to get a better idea of what you're doing?
Career Officer
# 24
12-26-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
1.) Sorry, your builds made no mention of using a Fermion console which would give you a hull heal but it would only be once every 3 minutes. 2.) Also, your skill planners make no mention of using a Tachyon Beam which makes your Warp Theorst DOff useless since it doesn't affect your Delta fighters either. 3.) Energy Siphon by itself also has very little effect on actually dropping shields. At best you're looking to reduce an opponents regen and resistance as well as heals.

Why not test your build in a team first to get a better idea of what you're doing?
There's a special DOFF that gives Energy Siphon a chance to shut down a random (!) subsystem. Might be a Warp Theorist, not sure atm. So one of his mighty shield kills is a chance based random subsystem shutdown and maybe a prayer for it being shields.
-----------------------
decker999
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
12-26-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:

1. It clearly says (Must have) fermion console. Going to write it into the 'how to play section' now though, for further clarrification.
2. ???? Doff that makes viral matrix hit once more.
3. The new fleet pack doff that makes Energy Siphon drop a random subsystem.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
12-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
There's a special DOFF that gives Energy Siphon a chance to shut down a random (!) subsystem. Might be a Warp Theorist, not sure atm. So one of his mighty shield kills is a chance based random subsystem shutdown and maybe a prayer for it being shields.
Probability and convariance matrix does not require faith.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
12-26-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
The DOff is called Juel Ducane and is one of the Temporal DOffs and last I knew, was currently not working.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
12-26-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
The DOff is called Juel Ducane and is one of the Temporal DOffs and last I knew, was currently not working.
No. it's not a temporal doff. it's from the new Fleet Packs....

Read the description of the fleet packs.

It's one of those.

Point is to have each of those, and a subsystem targeting doff.

*EDIT* I meant the VM Doff, the Energy Siphon DOF, No idea, but it works!

Last edited by fearinggravity; 12-26-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
12-26-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
No. it's not a temporal doff. it's from the new Fleet Packs....

Read the description of the fleet packs.

It's one of those.

Point is to have each of those, and a subsystem targeting doff.
http://www.stowiki.org/Juel_Ducane

"This duty officer is one of the Temporal duty officers awarded for a critical success in completing a Temporal Beacon duty officer mission."

Last edited by rooster75; 12-26-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Career Officer
# 30
12-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Probability and convariance matrix does not require faith.
Well, maybe if Siphon's cooldown were below 30 seconds or so. But to rely on a power with such a long cooldown, a 25% chance and another 25% chance for it being the right subsystem, for me this requires a lot of faith It's more than likely that you get blown out of space before all that happens. Not talking about what it takes to get a kill right inside this 5 second window.
-----------------------
decker999