Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 21
12-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post
The torp is also really only good for one thing: borg gates. Omega is better for everything else. So, I hope this is really an exploit/bug issue, and not someone QQing over legit gameplay mechanics that are not broken whatsoever.
The guy is complaining about the use of the hyper-torp with projectile weapon doffs. There's absolutely no exploit here at all. I rarely use the term QQ, but this is about as textbook an example as I've ever seen.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 22
01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We're looking into these issues.
Rihannsu
# 23
01-02-2013, 02:04 PM
I have noticed a couple of issues with the borg one.

sometimes the single torp gets stuck to the front of your ship your ship so to speak. like to does not want to fire then after a few seconds its does.

also if you use spread, it seems to fire, then the animation disappears, then it looks like it fires again. this could just be an animation issues as there is too much going on screen for it to animate smoothly.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 24
01-02-2013, 02:58 PM
with 2 torp spreads, torp doffs, and the rom torp you can fire a pretty hilarious number of heavy plasma torps practically all at once.

another thing to look into, on the omega torp when ever you use spread or HY, it adds a 10 second cooldown to the torp before it will even fire again. when you use a torp ability every 15 seconds, it basically never gets a chance to do what its good at, fire weak torps at a high rate of fire. your almost better off not using any abilities with it, that just doesn't make sense. at least make its cooldown no more then a normal plasma torp 6 seconds? shouldn't have that built in cooldown, that no other torp has, at all though.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 25
01-02-2013, 03:14 PM
As long as you can set yourself on fire with the Hyper Plasma Torpedo Launcher it will never deserve a nerf.
Commander
# 26
01-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Thanks for the feedback. We're looking into these issues.
Are they working all right now or not?
Lieutenant
# 27
01-05-2013, 12:48 PM
People have been able to do this with other torpedos for similar damage by stacking the projectile doffs. The only difference is you can see them easily now, shoot them, and the damage of one torp is split into three. Elite Scorpion Fighters also shoot these so that adds even more of them on the screen. They are all slow moving and destroyable.

There is another bug related to a ground doff that is reducing the cooldown on all abilities space and ground along with mines and torps. Id imagine this is part of the problem considering you can get your romulan torpedo to shoot every 4 seconds and then easily every second with three of the legit projectile doffs.

Before any changes to a weapon is made the broken ground doff should be fixed. After that is fixed I dont think there will be much of a problem.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
01-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Which Doff is that?

I grab new Doffs whenever I can and have completed Teir 5 in both Omega and Romulan rep.

I'm wondering if I already have it slotted?

Last edited by thlaylierah; 01-05-2013 at 01:32 PM.