Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
12-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode View Post
Yeah, but how many pugs have access to that? It'd serve as an equaliser, and things like TARGET: $target aren't really common knowledge either. That sort of thing ought to be if not in a tutorial of some sort, one of the "handy bits of info" that pops up during loading screens.
Last time I checked, the game had integrated VOIP comms. Just sayin... Of course, nobody uses it, but it is there.

I really like this idea for a new PvP game mode, though. It sounds like a lot of fun.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Career Officer
# 12
12-27-2012, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't go for a one kill end to PvP's, but the idea of say... flagships being worth more points would be a good idea. Also in Cap and Hold, you could have points subtracted on the cap counter whenever the flagship is destroyed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-27-2012, 12:48 PM
This is a great idea really like it It made me think of Titan mode if anyone ever played battlefield 2142/Battlefield 2142,wiki then I thought of how it could also make a very awesome ground map with teams either attempting to take or defend a flagship.Well I should maybe start a new thread as I wouldnt want to derail this one. If I get around to I will try later on when I have time but other than steal ing the idea for the ground map the only thing I can really add to it is the teams should be able to make use of consoles and other props to advance there side.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
12-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.

- The Flagship being the primary target is the key and it really needs to have a large point total to it. If its a one kill or 3 kill or 5 kill match that may be an option I will leave to the good folks at PWE or Cryptic.

- I did play something similar in some ground FPS so having a ground versions wouldn't be too far fetched and would pretty cool. I am still hoping for a space flagship version first though. So keep the replies coming.

- Target marking is a fairly common practice in most other MMO's where large groups have to split and attack various targets. Yes voice chat helps, but sometimes you need a bit more and marking a ship with a red box or star would be a really easy way to keep track of them in combat as you shift between various assignments. Voice chat isn't always an option, as a dad there are times I just don't want to wake the little ones.

Unrepentant; the pants optional fleet.
Support Flagship PVP and Target Marking
Ensign
# 15
12-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Sounds fun, they should add this mode or something very similar.
Captain
# 16
12-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlonestarr View Post
Thanks for all the feedback.

- The Flagship being the primary target is the key and it really needs to have a large point total to it. If its a one kill or 3 kill or 5 kill match that may be an option I will leave to the good folks at PWE or Cryptic.

- I did play something similar in some ground FPS so having a ground versions wouldn't be too far fetched and would pretty cool. I am still hoping for a space flagship version first though. So keep the replies coming.

- Target marking is a fairly common practice in most other MMO's where large groups have to split and attack various targets. Yes voice chat helps, but sometimes you need a bit more and marking a ship with a red box or star would be a really easy way to keep track of them in combat as you shift between various assignments. Voice chat isn't always an option, as a dad there are times I just don't want to wake the little ones.
cryptic needs baby steps with pvp. the flagship idea while nice is a bit much i think.

a simple target marking system should be reasonable and realisitc. maybe the next ask cryptic we could ask them about it? and even point out how useful it'll be in pve so it has a realisitc chance to be introduced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 17
12-27-2012, 08:28 PM
I like this idea.

Any new PvP mode would be welcome. Adding just one new mode would increase the existing modes by 50%. That is a lot of bang for the buck.
Career Officer
# 18
12-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Yes, the target function is sorely needed. It's easier to notice in battle than a bind and doesn't require to have chat maximized either.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
12-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Target Marking would be fantastic even in PVE and STF encounters.

I'll still sit back and dream that a dev or moderator checks out this post and likes the idea(s) in here.

Unrepentant; the pants optional fleet.
Support Flagship PVP and Target Marking
Career Officer
# 20 Cool idea
05-18-2013, 06:21 AM
Followed your siggy link to this topic, finally.

Pretty cool idea from one of our pickled fleet members. I started playing this game because of space battles. One of my favorite fleet get togethers were the shuttle team bashing events.

This is an interesting thought that would even get old lurkers like me to show up more often.

Cool idea, here is a friendly bump from one of your fleet mates!
LOVE MANKIND Hahahahahahaha
Really Joined in MAY 2010