Captain
# 1 An appeal for the Exeter
12-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Shouldn't the Connie refit, the Exeter, be at least a tier 3 ship since the base Connie is tier 2. I would suggest tier 4 since there are a lot of RP'ers who prefer them and a general, pervasive love for it by the community in general. I myself would love to have a good T4 ship to do my foundry missions and what not with; add a little extra challenge but still be usable for fighting the more difficult enemies.

I agree that a tier 5 version is undesirable; CBS doesn't want it and, frankly, you'd see almost nothing else if it was available, but a tier 3 or 4 version shouldn't incur any problems. This arrangement would keep the ship out of the end game content like STFs and PvP since it still wouldn't be competitive in those areas.

Last edited by ajstoner; 12-27-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
12-26-2012, 10:25 AM
From my understanding, there is no reason that we shouldn't have a Fleet Exeter. Sure, CBS have said that they don't want a really powerful Constitution, but then the Exeter isn't a Constitution. They should have put a non-customizable Exeter in the Fleet Store by now.
Captain
# 3
12-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Shouldn?t the Connie refit, the Exeter, be at least a tier 3 ship since the base Connie is tier 2. I would suggest tier 4 since there are a lot of RP'ers who prefer them and a general, pervasive love for it by the community in general. This arrangement would keep the ship out of the end game stuff like STFs and PvP since it still wouldn?t be competitive in those areas.
I guess I am not part of the community in general since I have no love at all for the Connie and even less love for that odd refit known as the Exeter. I also know quite a few players that agree with me... XD.

That being said, I think those ships are fine where they are.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes I agree, we need a lvl 40 or 50 version of this ship. I would never fly anything else. ^_^
Career Officer
# 5
12-26-2012, 06:38 PM
When I first started playing this game I would have agreed with the decision to not have an endgame Constitution, but since now Star Fleet officers are supposed to fly around in Ferengi, Cardassian, Jem'Hadar, and Breen and even THOLIAN ships (these guys are not even humanoids), the whole canon argument is out the window.

No reason to give everyone a free Breen ship but not sell them a T-5 Constitution.
Rihannsu
# 6
12-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Hehe... Tholian glyphs are really cool looking.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 7
12-26-2012, 06:55 PM
OP sounds good to me.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Captain
# 8
12-27-2012, 07:04 AM
+1 to Tier 4 Exeter Refit or/and Fleet Retrofit.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene