Lt. Commander
# 201
08-10-2008, 04:08 AM
how very typical of an american company to only have a contest for its own country and screw the rest of the world who would very much like to be included in the contest, i also now wonder if only the US and canada will be able to play the game, as whenever a game or DVD is released by the US it takes at least 6 weeks before it hits shelves in any other country, a bit discriminatory i think of the company to do this contest in that way
Lt. Commander
# 202
08-10-2008, 04:31 AM
Great contest.

Shame it is only for Northern America, I hope there will be something for the rest of the world in the future!
Lt. Commander
# 203
08-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baz08 View Post
how very typical of an american company to only have a contest for its own country and screw the rest of the world who would very much like to be included in the contest, i also now wonder if only the US and canada will be able to play the game, as whenever a game or DVD is released by the US it takes at least 6 weeks before it hits shelves in any other country, a bit discriminatory i think of the company to do this contest in that way
It's not America, but the laws of other countries that prevent such contest.

Please learn and learn to read before you flame America with ignorance.
Lt. Commander
# 204
08-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djin View Post
It's not America, but the laws of other countries that prevent such contest.

Please learn and learn to read before you flame America with ignorance.
As said earlier in this topic(last page) it is not the laws of the other countries. It is Cryptic in this case that doesn't want to do it.

And he wasn't flaming america. He was...if it was flaming....the company. Which is American. And American companies do follow the trend to exclude everyone except Canada from such contests.
Lt. Commander
# 205
08-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_Rush View Post
As said earlier in this topic(last page) it is not the laws of the other countries. It is Cryptic in this case that doesn't want to do it.

And he wasn't flaming america. He was...if it was flaming....the company. Which is American. And American companies do follow the trend to exclude everyone except Canada from such contests.
I'm sorry that the contest isn't in all 195 countries world wide.

US/CAN seems to be lucky. A lot of times I see EU contest only too. I don't get all huffy about it. I cope, move on and wait.
Lt. Commander
# 206
08-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry that the contest isn't in all 195 countries world wide.

US/CAN seems to be lucky. A lot of times I see EU contest only too. I don't get all huffy about it. I cope, move on and wait.
Oh? I never saw contests like this EU only. But that's me and maybe I haven't been looking around enough. And you also changed your point, first your point was that it wasn't available in the EU because of laws, now you're standpoint is: Get over it because there are enough EU contests I cannot compete in.

Yes, I don't like it that the contest isn't in the EU but I can deal with that. What I don't like is that they tricked people into registering by mentioning that it isn't for the EU after you registered. That is just low if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 207
08-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_Rush View Post
Oh? I never saw contests like this EU only. But that's me and maybe I haven't been looking around enough. And you also changed your point, first your point was that it wasn't available in the EU because of laws, now you're standpoint is: Get over it because there are enough EU contests I cannot compete in.

Yes, I don't like it that the contest isn't in the EU but I can deal with that. What I don't like is that they tricked people into registering by mentioning that it isn't for the EU after you registered. That is just low if you ask me.
I have changed my tune. Where there are PLEANTY of contest in EU only, I get over it... what am I going to do? Stop the world from spinning and make it go the other direction? No.

So you got "tricked" in only because you wanted to win a game and really not have anything constructive to add to the community... typical.

OH THE LIES! THE HORROR! CRYPTIC HAS TRICKED US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Lt. Commander
# 208
08-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Awesome! I am so entered! So i wonder who has done the math and figured out how long this lifetme subscription is?
Lt. Commander
# 209
08-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I have a question.

They talk about age of maturity. Does that mean you HAVE to be 18 or older to participate, or can you participate even if you're 17 and will turn 18 very soon (but after the end of the sweepstakes)?
Lt. Commander
# 210
08-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Quote:
So you got "tricked" in only because you wanted to win a game and really not have anything constructive to add to the community... typical.

!
Yeah I wanted to win the game, not that I won't buy it if I wouldn't win because I really want to play Star Trek Online. And at the moment I know too little about the game to add something constructive, maybe after tonight that will change
Closed Thread