Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 201
08-10-2008, 04:08 AM
how very typical of an american company to only have a contest for its own country and screw the rest of the world who would very much like to be included in the contest, i also now wonder if only the US and canada will be able to play the game, as whenever a game or DVD is released by the US it takes at least 6 weeks before it hits shelves in any other country, a bit discriminatory i think of the company to do this contest in that way
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 202
08-10-2008, 04:31 AM
Great contest.

Shame it is only for Northern America, I hope there will be something for the rest of the world in the future!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 203
08-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baz08 View Post
how very typical of an american company to only have a contest for its own country and screw the rest of the world who would very much like to be included in the contest, i also now wonder if only the US and canada will be able to play the game, as whenever a game or DVD is released by the US it takes at least 6 weeks before it hits shelves in any other country, a bit discriminatory i think of the company to do this contest in that way
It's not America, but the laws of other countries that prevent such contest.

Please learn and learn to read before you flame America with ignorance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 204
08-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djin View Post
It's not America, but the laws of other countries that prevent such contest.

Please learn and learn to read before you flame America with ignorance.
As said earlier in this topic(last page) it is not the laws of the other countries. It is Cryptic in this case that doesn't want to do it.

And he wasn't flaming america. He was...if it was flaming....the company. Which is American. And American companies do follow the trend to exclude everyone except Canada from such contests.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 205
08-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_Rush View Post
As said earlier in this topic(last page) it is not the laws of the other countries. It is Cryptic in this case that doesn't want to do it.

And he wasn't flaming america. He was...if it was flaming....the company. Which is American. And American companies do follow the trend to exclude everyone except Canada from such contests.
I'm sorry that the contest isn't in all 195 countries world wide.

US/CAN seems to be lucky. A lot of times I see EU contest only too. I don't get all huffy about it. I cope, move on and wait.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 206
08-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djin View Post
I'm sorry that the contest isn't in all 195 countries world wide.

US/CAN seems to be lucky. A lot of times I see EU contest only too. I don't get all huffy about it. I cope, move on and wait.
Oh? I never saw contests like this EU only. But that's me and maybe I haven't been looking around enough. And you also changed your point, first your point was that it wasn't available in the EU because of laws, now you're standpoint is: Get over it because there are enough EU contests I cannot compete in.

Yes, I don't like it that the contest isn't in the EU but I can deal with that. What I don't like is that they tricked people into registering by mentioning that it isn't for the EU after you registered. That is just low if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 207
08-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_Rush View Post
Oh? I never saw contests like this EU only. But that's me and maybe I haven't been looking around enough. And you also changed your point, first your point was that it wasn't available in the EU because of laws, now you're standpoint is: Get over it because there are enough EU contests I cannot compete in.

Yes, I don't like it that the contest isn't in the EU but I can deal with that. What I don't like is that they tricked people into registering by mentioning that it isn't for the EU after you registered. That is just low if you ask me.
I have changed my tune. Where there are PLEANTY of contest in EU only, I get over it... what am I going to do? Stop the world from spinning and make it go the other direction? No.

So you got "tricked" in only because you wanted to win a game and really not have anything constructive to add to the community... typical.

OH THE LIES! THE HORROR! CRYPTIC HAS TRICKED US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 208
08-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Awesome! I am so entered! So i wonder who has done the math and figured out how long this lifetme subscription is?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 209
08-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I have a question.

They talk about age of maturity. Does that mean you HAVE to be 18 or older to participate, or can you participate even if you're 17 and will turn 18 very soon (but after the end of the sweepstakes)?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 210
08-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djin View Post
So you got "tricked" in only because you wanted to win a game and really not have anything constructive to add to the community... typical.

!
Yeah I wanted to win the game, not that I won't buy it if I wouldn't win because I really want to play Star Trek Online. And at the moment I know too little about the game to add something constructive, maybe after tonight that will change
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 AM.