Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 311
08-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedambition View Post
There is an option to indicate "notify me of a promotion in country (then a list of countries)" (some text along those lines anyways).

Obviously they are just trying to make a splash in their own backyard before kicking it up a few notches and running similar events in other countries. I know it is a downer that it isn't a total free for all, but on the other hand that should improve everyone's odds as well since we won't be competing against all members just those who are from our own country.

Just be patient it will lead to virtue and merit I'm certain!

I for one am very excited about the contest. (Then again I am in North America so I guess there is always that too) I am rooting for their expansion for similar contests elsewhere as soon as that is feasible.
This is a very impressive post. I'll buy you a romulan beer :-)
Lt. Commander
# 312
08-15-2008, 12:15 PM
i hope they do more prize draws like this as years go on and i hope they do involve europe as well
Lt. Commander
# 313
08-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Destroyer
Dont be insulting. We Romulans don't drink Beer! We drink Ale!
Lt. Commander
# 314
08-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck1771 View Post
Dont be insulting. We Romulans don't drink Beer! We drink Ale!
Blue beer :p
Lt. Commander
# 315
08-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Thanks. Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 316
08-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Correct answer. Btw Cryptic should put it on the contest page.
Like:
To all non-US/Canadian members!

We are sorry but the current laws did'nt allow us to expand this contest to non-US/Canadian residents.
We are working on a solution. Please be patient.

Or something similair.

Still no offense :-)
Even though thats only partially true, they should have atleast made it clear that it was for the US/CAN residences only. Wich they didnt untill you filled everything in.

Besides even America has rules and regulations regarding contests. if it can be done there, it can also be done in european countries. But we all know, america only thinks of themselfs as the world.
Lt. Commander
# 317
08-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Ah don't be so hasty; Cryptic didn't come out and say "We're only gonna do this for these two countries and we're never gonna do it again, ever, for any other country. So have a nice day!"

The whole "have it for everyone, or no one at all" is a bit harsh as well... Someone's already stated that having separate contests for separate regions would improve an individual's odds. That's a reasonable statement. Again, no one said this would be the only sweepstakes for such a prize. I may only be 1% more optimistic about winning this thing (I've yet to win a single contest for something I actually wanted) due to the fact that I'm not competing against people world-wide, but as others have also said, it'd be awkward for them to only offer a contest regarding a world-wide accessible game to only two countries.

At the very least, wait until they DO say "We're not doing any more contests for anybody else, screw you guys, and have a nice day!" before you start putting Cryptic down! I'd still pay $15 a month for it...

... Well that was my 2-bit rant, good luck everyone, and congrats-in-advance to those lucky 5!

Sierras out.
Lt. Commander
# 318
08-16-2008, 07:59 PM
hmm so this is a one time thing?

That kinda sucks
Lt. Commander
# 319
08-16-2008, 08:36 PM
So Razor or Kestrel, how many valid entries?
Lt. Commander
# 320
08-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Today is my birthday so pick me now!
Closed Thread