Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 51
08-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Star Trek - a multi-national household name. A franchise that has an INTERNATIONAL FANBASE and you open up your copetition to the US and Canda only?

Thanks for that ;-) Way to make the Europeans feel loved :-)
Lt. Commander
# 52
I think everyone missed the news between the lines here.

Cryptic will be charging subscription fees for STO!

Thank goodness!

I think we were all worried before that PE would consider making the game free and charge for pink hair.
Lt. Commander
# 53 STO Release date???
May I just point out that you guys should really read the fine print in all this

Cryptic just gave us a possible release date for this game.

And from what I am looking at its a August 2009 release!

4. PRIZES: Grand Prize (5): Five (5) Grand Prize Winners will be selected to receive: one (1) Star Trek Online retail box copy and one (1) Star Trek Online “Lifetime Subscription”. Estimated retail value of the Grand Prize is $550 per Grand Prize; $2750 total. The retail box prize will be awarded when commercially available, which is estimated to be at least one year after the close of the contest. The Lifetime Subscription shall commence with the launch of normal retail service, shall continue for as long as the service remains under control of Sponsor, and shall be subject to all Terms of Use and other User registration requirements. A Grand Prize Winner will not be compensated in any other way should any element of the prize be deemed not feasible. All other prizes will be awarded. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded, provided, however, that if prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. Winners will be responsible for all taxes, including income taxes, or fees due on the prizes awarded. Other restrictions may apply.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdnova View Post
May I just point out that you guys should really read the fine print in all this

Cryptic just gave us a possible release date for this game.

And from what I am looking at its a August 2009 release!

The retail box prize will be awarded when commercially available, which is estimated to be at least one year after the close of the contest.
well says at LEAST 1 year, so i'm still sure 2010 is right.
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-05-2008, 04:41 PM
What's a little depressing is that if they DO do a lifetime subscription for buyers that want to buy one...it's looking like they're implying that it'll be $500, which is way too much for me at least, (Assuming $50 for the game)
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
What bothers me about this is that they're putting this out prior to showing any footage.

What if , for example me, I saw the footage and said "Nope, never gonna play it" but I win anyway (I entered now). That's one subscription that's wasted.
Lt. Commander
# 57
08-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Nonetheless, in one year I hope they get it right.

I've entered! We'll see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 58
08-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
What bothers me about this is that they're putting this out prior to showing any footage.

What if , for example me, I saw the footage and said "Nope, never gonna play it" but I win anyway (I entered now). That's one subscription that's wasted.
Psst... it's called propaganda and hype... *GASP!!!*

Jeepers Batman! Looks like everyone is doing that!
Lt. Commander
# 59
08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
TOTAL estimated Value... thats 5 Lifetime Subscriptions! totaling $550! not just 1 Sub.

as i expected with a few other MMO's it's about $80-$100 for a lifetime sub. i would suspect though that the game will cost about $29.99-$39.99 MMO's rarely sell above 39.99 unlike standard games which go $49.99-$69.99.
Lt. Commander
# 60
08-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Entered. Although the chances of me winning is HIGHLY unlikely, I'd like to hope that I have a chance. Oh well. I've never won anything in my life, so maybe Lady Luck will shine upon me this time.
Closed Thread