Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 61
08-05-2008, 05:05 PM
What ticks me off the most would be someone who just signed up the day before the contest ends, wins the contest and doesn't even live in US/America, lied on his application and then cries he didn't get the game.
Lt. Commander
# 62
Good Luck everyone who entered

*crawls back into her little Australian hole in the ground*

We never get to enter the good competitions lol

*fingers crossed we get one here too*

-M-

( $500 USD for a lifetime account?! eeeep Lotro was only $199.... )
Lt. Commander
# 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR View Post
TOTAL estimated Value... thats 5 Lifetime Subscriptions! totaling $550! not just 1 Sub.

as i expected with a few other MMO's it's about $80-$100 for a lifetime sub. i would suspect though that the game will cost about $29.99-$39.99 MMO's rarely sell above 39.99 unlike standard games which go $49.99-$69.99.
No, that's per prize.
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdnova View Post
May I just point out that you guys should really read the fine print in all this

Cryptic just gave us a possible release date for this game.

And from what I am looking at its a August 2009 release!

4. PRIZES: Grand Prize (5): Five (5) Grand Prize Winners will be selected to receive: one (1) Star Trek Online retail box copy and one (1) Star Trek Online “Lifetime Subscription”. Estimated retail value of the Grand Prize is $550 per Grand Prize; $2750 total. The retail box prize will be awarded when commercially available, which is estimated to be at least one year after the close of the contest. The Lifetime Subscription shall commence with the launch of normal retail service, shall continue for as long as the service remains under control of Sponsor, and shall be subject to all Terms of Use and other User registration requirements. A Grand Prize Winner will not be compensated in any other way should any element of the prize be deemed not feasible. All other prizes will be awarded. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded, provided, however, that if prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. Winners will be responsible for all taxes, including income taxes, or fees due on the prizes awarded. Other restrictions may apply.

This is exactly what I was thinking. This is great news because this means the game will most likely come much earlier than most of us thought. I understand that many people overseas are unhappy they cannot enter but look at the good news of a release date that suddenly doesn't seem so far away!
Lt. Commander
# 65
08-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Sweet. I like that they are actively engaging the community.
Lt. Commander
# 66 Contest abound
08-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Someone at Cryptic is brainstorming, this is one way to sweeten the pot.
Now it's really going to bring the closet Trek junkies outta the closet......but somehow I think that was the intention.
I told 5 people today, that it's coming.
I would bet those 5 Trek freaks have already entered the contest and are sitting home in a dark room right now, either on this website or setting up screen shots on their PC's desktop eating cheetos and playing old Star Trek games, and waiting for the day that this Epic is released.
There out there, and Cryptic can flush them out with free stuff for sure.
I still have a pair of characters in SWG, going on 5 years. So there's no hope for me, I have been a Trek fan long before I signed up for SWG, and the only reason I did was because there wasn't a Star Trek Online.
Star wars has never held my attention like Star Trek, and it has been 5 years, so the way I figure STO will have to kick me offline because I got too old to see the keyboard or read the screen...........or pay my bill.
Lt. Commander
# 67
08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR View Post
TOTAL estimated Value... thats 5 Lifetime Subscriptions! totaling $550! not just 1 Sub.

as i expected with a few other MMO's it's about $80-$100 for a lifetime sub. i would suspect though that the game will cost about $29.99-$39.99 MMO's rarely sell above 39.99 unlike standard games which go $49.99-$69.99.

Have you bought any MMO's in the last 10 years? they run $50-65, just like regular games.
Lt. Commander
# 68
08-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Actually I was going to cheer you up by but it appears that 542.57 Australian Dollars is the equivalent of $500 USD
So that's sounds like more, sorry.
But at least you won't be chasing a bunch of hobbits and fairy's in STO..................I hope
Lt. Commander
# 69 Chances may be slim
08-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
Yep it is a real shame. Hopefully they will do something similar for us Euros... preferably England seperately increases my chances, but yeah, good luck to everyone that enters and i hope the people that get it, use it, and deserve it

Peace - Squirrel
I got three cousins in Huntingdon Cambridge UK, and you would not expect them to be a freak for Trek
and pints of course! They regulary get ****ed and see who get's beamed up 1st...lol
So you may be surprised at the masses of UK Trek followers lurking in your current proximity.
But I hope you fellow's get to the contest as well, good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 70 Sweepstakes US/Canada Only
08-05-2008, 06:34 PM
A previous thread for this was removed from a different section so I thought I'd pop this one up in here which is I think is probably a more appropriate area.

Many of us non US/Canadian citizens are annoyed that comps such the Sweepstakes are for the US/Canada only. MMO's are generally a worldwide game in that peoples from all over this little blue rock play it. So why are the comps for US/Canada only? If it's a licensing issue, that I can understand (I know here in Australia competitions need a license and meet certain guidelines). But please instead of removing the thread and "hiding" from it or ducking the issue (as removing the thread makes it appear), I myself would like just to see an explanation and then perhaps lock the thread so everyone can see the why of it.
Closed Thread