Career Officer
On my toons that have MACO or KHG ground set, I can buy the respective Adaptive set. But on my toons that have the Omega ground set, I do not have the option to buy the MACO or KHG Adaptive set. Is this intentional? I think this should be changed. If the Adaptive set is what I am looking for, why should I be forced to buy the regular set first just to unlock it? I'm paying basically twice the cost for the adaptive set.
# 2
12-29-2012, 04:17 AM
Good question. I have two theories. First one, someone wants to be an a**-hat.
Second theory; somewhere in all that cryptic coding (pun intended), it is programmed in such a non-global way, that A leads to B, then C, else FAIL. -when FAIL, we experience bugs.
Aka. Bad programming.
So... Combine theory 1 with theory 2; what do we get? =PWE...

Anyone dare challenge my hypothesis?
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3 Slightly off topic
12-29-2012, 04:21 AM
What is the adapted set? I kmow what MACO is , since I own it but what is the adpated set?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 4
12-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
What is the adapted set? I kmow what MACO is , since I own it but what is the adpated set?
Honor Guard for Feds with a new MACO-like skin and MACO set for KDF with a new Honor Guard skin.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
12-29-2012, 04:34 AM
I think the Adaptive sets are simply the 'set' that the Feds and Klinks couldn't access prior to the change over to rep from STF emblems, ala the KHG set is now the stats and gear, for the Adaptive Fed MACO set, and so on complicated yada yada which makes you play more game time to unlock, and not leave sooner for other games and so on so forth...

Personally I don't mind earning stuff I never could access, since prior, the drop rate for ground STFs for the Mk XII gear, was lousy in the first place, though I too wonder, if this Adapted set, 'needs' to be unlocked at all, if all it is, is for feds, klink gear with a different skin, and no cape, or what not. Not yet to T5 here, and can't confirm, so another will need to do so here, though despite, the unlock bit is odd enough already, other from a pure grind standpoint...

...if more for Dil than much else, since that will more than likely slow down acquisition of the gear, as anyone with enough marks and BNPs now, can just get everything at once, within about... oh... a half hour at most? Course there are the unlock bit of completing the Elite STF optionals too, but that's another kit and kaboodle I myself don't need to worry over. (Save HGE, which I'm not fully interested in, as of yet.)

Corect any of this, as needed.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=93314053000&dateline=  1378014577
Captain
# 6
12-29-2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
Good question. I have two theories. First one, someone wants to be an a**-hat.
Second theory; somewhere in all that cryptic coding (pun intended), it is programmed in such a non-global way, that A leads to B, then C, else FAIL. -when FAIL, we experience bugs.
Aka. Bad programming.
So... Combine theory 1 with theory 2; what do we get? =PWE...

Anyone dare challenge my hypothesis?
Sounds about right,

Though i would alter point 1., to be 'someone wants you to waste 2x the dilithium to get what you want, thus being an a**-hat'
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Career Officer
# 7
12-29-2012, 04:44 AM
My main beef with the current system is that MACO seems to be a sniper set while honor guard is a melee set. I'm still unsure if honor guard is better than Omega there but it irks me that I have to grind for a sniper set to unlock a melee set.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Community Moderator
# 8
12-29-2012, 06:34 AM
I suspect it's all to do with perceived rarity, a bit like drop box ships.

We can all have it, but in universe they're meant to be uncommon, so that extra step makes it harder to get them.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 9
12-29-2012, 06:43 AM
I suppose on the bright side, having to buy the intial maco/khg means you get a good armor/weapon set for a boff ..
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Career Officer
# 10
12-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
I suspect it's all to do with perceived rarity, a bit like drop box ships.

We can all have it, but in universe they're meant to be uncommon, so that extra step makes it harder to get them.
But what's the point of perceived rarity if they get new costumes that look faction-appropriate? It's not like I could get my Fed Klingon captain such a nice uniform as D'Vak has. He would just look like a pretty normal MACO with a pretty silly double-barreled phaser shotgun/grenade thrower. Not comparable with flying a Galor, D'kora or Wells.