Career Officer
# 11
12-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
To the OP

Until foundry missions are dropping equal rewards to a STF in Loot and reward for time spent missions like this will be with us

Foundry missions must be reviewed by cryptic and a panel of authors and quality rewards included into them just like the story missions end reward is ,then the mission locked

any mission not reviewed will have the current sub standard rewards

it would work like this

a cryptic selected panel of authors reviews missions and reccomends to cryptic which are quality missions,cryptic then reviews the mission adds rewards and places it in a reviewed catagory with the mission locked

what we have now is a jumbled mess
Cryptic is going to be adding rewards as well as making all the spotlight missions available soon. The author must surrender any editing capablity once it happens, but I for one am looking forward to having a mission in the list. Hopefully, the list will build nicely with time as soon as they get the rewards system sorted out.
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Captain
# 12
12-27-2012, 07:57 AM
<snicker>
New and improved, eh ?

I'm disappointed in myself for not thinking of that first.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 13
12-27-2012, 08:08 AM
However you come down on it vs 'the spirit of the foundry'... that's creative and funny.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
12-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Let me just add though that I would never discourage any author from making the mission they want to make. That's part of the freedom of the Foundry. No matter how much I dislike a mission on principle, I would never tell anyone not to make it. That's their choice, not mine.

What I don't like is the system that encourages these types of missions.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.
Ensign
# 15
12-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkofthenorth View Post
We all knew a new exploit would come around eventually. Well I found one and this one in particular makes me sick to my stomach.

[...]

What are your thoughts, do you disagree that this kind of mission is anathema to the spirit of the Foundry? Are Dilithium rewards so important that this gets higher ratings than others?
I dont see it as an exploit. Taste differs, and if anyone likes it this way more than others. And since it is taking its 20-30 min as well ... why bother.

See the fleet projects that need 200k Dil per project ... for what? Well, the Boff grind seems to be a perfect answer for that.

As awkward as some of the storys are for me ... why should I blame the author for what I feel as bad taste? Production of these missions consumes a huge bunch of time, so if I like it or not - this is what I do respect.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
12-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Make it also give 400 Omega marks and it could end AFK in stfs
Captain
# 17
12-27-2012, 08:52 AM
It disappoints me, but whatever. Fact is, time/effort wise, it doesn't take much more time to faceroll most combats for my character than to just sit there and let my boffs do it.

I'd rather encourage the fuzzy middle-ground of people who MIGHT want story to actually pay attention and engage than to try to make rules.
Lieutenant
# 18
12-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkofthenorth View Post
The mission itself is exactly what the description says. You set your Boffs to stand in an area then you go to a raised platform with a good view of the arena and activate a console. A wall then appears preventing enemies from getting in or you getting out. The battle goes on with no influence from your captain at all unless you can jump like a Catian/Ferasan.
I've done this mission more than once, and it's never blocked me into the console area. A wall appears, but you can walk around it quite easily.
Lieutenant
# 19
12-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
You can report it when giving a review
For what ???

What is the violation that you'd be reporting it for ???
Career Officer
# 20
12-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Is it possible to just run a 30 minute timer for the repeatable and it only ticks on foundry maps, so no matter what mission you're doing it takes 30 minutes? We'd have people just standing around in a mission ticking the timer away. There's just no way to assign a reward to this system that isn't in some way manipulable. There's no denying that dilithium and marks make the foundry much more widely used, just as there's no denying that a huge ratio of human beings will opt for the path of least resistance/effort in any decision that isn't a matter of critical real-world importance to them. Sometimes I don't feel particularly enthusiastic toward giving 100% attention to my swag-chasing either.

As has been said, making a lot of rules about it will just put it back in its former state of neglect. So, tell your stories, make them as grand and involved as you want. But it would seem that if you also want to get your name in front of the players so that they'll look for your quality content, and (to be ferengi for a moment) to gain a steady flow of tips for your efforts, it's probably going to necessitate making a shallow pkew-pkew mission that drops a lot of loot for those that aren't feeling 100% engaged today.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.