Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,709
# 31
12-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
See, Cryptic didn't make that clear at all. You say the Iconian left when the planet was under attack, yet there was no indication that they were under attack.

The Iconian argued with the Dewan, left through the gate, the Dewans fliddled with the machine, then BOOM, all heck broke loose like it was the planetary disaster had begun.
well not quite. the explosions started before the iconian left, as you see them being thrown around which shows something bad is happening under their watch.

finding the tablets and knowing to look for the lore writing under the accolade list (and you have to find several as they are random) is not very clear at all. that could have been handled much better. the information should appear when you look at the tablet rather than having to hunt through your own journal to find it.

however once you read the tablets it becomes fairly clear, the reason for the crater section on new romulus is from the orbital bombardment for example.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,601
# 32
12-28-2012, 04:15 AM
I just realized something. We still don't know who our mysterious benefactor is who can get video footage from D'Tan's office and has Tal Shiar and Tholian access codes.....
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,108
# 33
12-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
I just realized something. We still don't know who our mysterious benefactor is who can get video footage from D'Tan's office and has Tal Shiar and Tholian access codes.....
Probably old Obisek

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 537
# 34
12-30-2012, 08:18 PM
For those of you asking for a picture from the cutscene because you're not there yet. I got you covered.

http://i48.tinypic.com/15f0sy1.png
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 83
# 35
01-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Concerning the sword: Yes, they do have it. They confirmed it to be the sword of the raptor star.

As for the cutscene, WOW it was awsome (the 32K Dil was nice too). We finally can assume the Iconians at least remotely resemble their concept art. As for the Dewans... poor Dewans. But the scene doesn't go against the history in the accolades. The First recording took place at the moment New Romulus was attacked. The second was the Dewans re-activating the gateway later, the activation that killed their race.
I support Handsome Phaser Guy
And Tovan Khev
No, I am neither a woman nor gay.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 976
# 36
01-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
I just realized something. We still don't know who our mysterious benefactor is who can get video footage from D'Tan's office and has Tal Shiar and Tholian access codes.....
I forgot to response to this after it was first posted. Better late than never (and necro'ed )

I'm putting my bet on it being Commander Janek. There is a diplomatic ending to the encounter with Janek. It that's the branch being followed it's heravoid of death plot card.

After here confrontation with Haveek and the player's encounter with here, her loyalty to the Tal Shiar is questionable at best. It may be her loyalties are shifting (have shifted) to the Romulan people. Janek know our character's and she's in a perfect position to be passive the messages to us.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 83
# 37
01-04-2013, 03:12 AM
That wouldn't make sense for the Klingons though. They were forced to kill Janek.


Then again... I doubt that little snag would bother Cryptic too much, given their lack of appreciation for the Klingon faction.
I support Handsome Phaser Guy
And Tovan Khev
No, I am neither a woman nor gay.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
# 38
01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
What is the location of the Tier 5 mission?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,226
# 39
01-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylechipperson View Post
What is the location of the Tier 5 mission?
As mentioned earlier in the thread, it's where the Tier 4 mission is, in the Underground Ruins.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,583
# 40
01-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
I forgot to response to this after it was first posted. Better late than never (and necro'ed )

I'm putting my bet on it being Commander Janek. There is a diplomatic ending to the encounter with Janek. It that's the branch being followed it's heravoid of death plot card.

After here confrontation with Haveek and the player's encounter with here, her loyalty to the Tal Shiar is questionable at best. It may be her loyalties are shifting (have shifted) to the Romulan people. Janek know our character's and she's in a perfect position to be passive the messages to us.
I'm sure it's someone more important. Maybe someone from the serie/book like D'Tan.
I was thinking maybe a "good" Iconian, sort of traitor who don't want them to destroy everything.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 PM.