Ensign
# 1 omega and romulan marks
12-27-2012, 08:14 AM
ok why is it that when doing the stf's that omega marks you get more than 50-100 depending how the optional falls but when doing the romulan marks you only get 10 or less unless you get the extra marks event. would it be plausible to make it so that you get at least 30 or more romulan marks per mission, or keep the marks the same for the easy missions and then make a harder mission like the borg stf's
Commander
# 2
12-27-2012, 08:17 AM
The space dailies give around 60 for romulan marks, plus you have a whole zone with dailies and with like 3-4 instances with each of their own daily mission. So you pretty much just have to work for it. Although I do agree, a higher payout on the fleet action romulan mark instances would be nice and make them worth doing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by comanderulfric View Post
ok why is it that when doing the stf's that omega marks you get more than 50-100 depending how the optional falls but when doing the romulan marks you only get 10 or less unless you get the extra marks event.

ok why is it that when doing the defera ground missions you only get 5 omega marks but when doing the romulan marks you get 10-15 plus more for radiation scanning plus 400 for breeding rabbits plus 100-200 more per day for winter rabbits.

(seriously, though - anyone not doing the Winter Epohh thing right now is just missing out. I've got two characters that have never stepped foot in Tau Dewa sector, who have over 2-3k marks between them. For about 10min of effort a day - do a pvp race once in awhile to get some epohh tags + assign some doffs. Of course, it depends on how good you are at the pvp race / if you can get a race without many competitors. But there's lots of winter zones + 4 races per hour, so....)
Career Officer
# 4
12-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyn View Post
ok why is it that when doing the defera ground missions you only get 5 omega marks but when doing the romulan marks you get 10-15 plus more for radiation scanning plus 400 for breeding rabbits plus 100-200 more per day for winter rabbits.

(seriously, though - anyone not doing the Winter Epohh thing right now is just missing out. I've got two characters that have never stepped foot in Tau Dewa sector, who have over 2-3k marks between them. For about 10min of effort a day - do a pvp race once in awhile to get some epohh tags + assign some doffs. Of course, it depends on how good you are at the pvp race / if you can get a race without many competitors. But there's lots of winter zones + 4 races per hour, so....)
So where do you turn them in?
I have only just started and have a few tags and 1 epohh so far, how do you turn that into marks?
Rihannsu
# 5
12-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Raise the epohh's until elder level, at the contact in the winter wonderland for the ones you get there. they're all doff missions, and assign some good science doffs to them for a crit. Then when you have raised them all the way, go to New Romulus at the epohh fields and talk to the contact there, Toreth. She will take them and give you 400 marks per elder Epohh. The snow ones are just quicker to get since they only take five days to get from research to elder if you are good at the races. If you go to New Romulus to do the Epohh mission there, even with a group, you need to do the mission for about 4 or 5 days I think until you can start raising an epohh.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtoken View Post
So where do you turn them in?
I have only just started and have a few tags and 1 epohh so far, how do you turn that into marks?

The Winter epohhs, you just grind up in the Latinum conversion console.
100 marks for an Elder, 200 marks for a fancy Elder (one that got critted at some point in raising it).
Career Officer
# 7
12-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Raise the epohh's until elder level, at the contact in the winter wonderland for the ones you get there. they're all doff missions, and assign some good science doffs to them for a crit. Then when you have raised them all the way, go to New Romulus at the epohh fields and talk to the contact there, Toreth. She will take them and give you 400 marks per elder Epohh. The snow ones are just quicker to get since they only take five days to get from research to elder if you are good at the races. If you go to New Romulus to do the Epohh mission there, even with a group, you need to do the mission for about 4 or 5 days I think until you can start raising an epohh.
thanks
Will give that a go
Captain
# 8
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
They need a Romulan mark even that is comparable to STF difficulty and length of time. It should have normal and elite versions and reward same marks and dilithium as a STF does.
Captain
# 9
12-27-2012, 12:45 PM
They need an Omega Mark Event that is comparable to Epohh Raising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
They need a Romulan mark even that is comparable to STF difficulty and length of time. It should have normal and elite versions and reward same marks and dilithium as a STF does.
They could add an elite version to the Romulan events (Mine Trap, Vault, Azure Nebula) and it should be good enough. The current versions are comparable to the Normal STFs in terms of rewards and length of time. Not sure about difficulty, but all that matters is that the elite versions given comparable rewards to elite STFs and is of sufficient difficulty.
Captain
# 10
12-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
They need an Omega Mark Event that is comparable to Epohh Raising.

They could add an elite version to the Romulan events (Mine Trap, Vault, Azure Nebula) and it should be good enough. The current versions are comparable to the Normal STFs in terms of rewards and length of time. Not sure about difficulty, but all that matters is that the elite versions given comparable rewards to elite STFs and is of sufficient difficulty.
No they don't really, I have more then enough Omega marks then I know what to do with, and I burn through hundreds per character each day to turn into dil. Elite STFs will give you enough marks to run several t4 rep projects on their own. The mark costs for mk XII gear is also reasonable, you should have to run several elite STFs to get the marks for a piece, just like you had to do it several times before the rep system unless you got lucky.

You should not be able to earn Mk XII MACO gear without doing elite STFs, they especially should not add something that doesn't involve any shooting at all like raising pets.

I don't want to raise eppohs for rom marks either, I just want to earn them at the same rate I can earn Omega by only doing elite stfs, and only by shooting stuff, not raising pets.

Mine trap may be somewhat comparable to a normal, but azure and ensared are way faster and easier. They would need new missions to make it STF level.