Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 160
# 11
12-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
No they don't really, I have more then enough Omega marks then I know what to do with, and I burn through hundreds per character each day to turn into dil.

That reasoning works the other way, too..... I have buckets of Rom marks on all my characters (I've even stopped doing most of the regular dailies & quests). So, by that measure, there's no need for other sources of them.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,414
# 12
12-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Just because some people can do 10 Elite STFs in a row doesn't mean others can. I can easily spend a few minutes each day tagging borg and doing duty officer assignments that would give 400 Omega Marks per week, but doing more than 2 elite STFs in a row is too painful. Romulan Marks events has a nice balance of methods to gain Romulan Marks while Omega Marks does not have that nice balance. You are stuck doing Elite STFs and Deferi missions. Not everyone does Elite STFs and Deferi missions can be like pulling teeth to do considering the poor cost they give. Romulan Marks has numerous team events, non-combat content, solo space missions, and solo ground missions to do. Having a Borg Raising event would certainly help.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,105
# 13
12-27-2012, 07:11 PM
You want some of the best combat gear in the game without engaging in combat? uh no, just be glad you can get stf ground gear just by doing space or vice versa. If you dont get into combat so much I don't see why you need omega rep and gear or even play this game for that matter.

Also I might add that before s7 the only way to get that gear was through elite STFs. That should NOT change. You could always do normals, but be penalized by abysmal rep progression, and rightly so.

Omega is different then Rom rep, it is task force omega, all about fighting the borg, while rom rep is about giving aid to a colony, so a non combat method can somewhat be justified for rom rep even though I dont think epohhs should give marks myself.

You should be able to see people in full Mk XII MACO/ Honorguard and be able to have some confidence that they know what they are doing. Allowing non combat ways of getting this stuff would be wrong.

Last edited by marc8219; 12-27-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,105
# 14
12-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyn View Post
That reasoning works the other way, too..... I have buckets of Rom marks on all my characters (I've even stopped doing most of the regular dailies & quests). So, by that measure, there's no need for other sources of them.
Yeah but there are 6 different Elite STFs that give 60-90 marks, a lot but no where near as much as epohh.

There is no way to romulan marks by actually playing the game by shooting stuff at a rate reasonable enough to get projects done and to get gear, while it is easy enough to earn Omega marks in combat.

This wanting to carebear through the omega system through a non combat way of getting marks by the 2 of you is a totally seperate issue of not being able to get rom marks, I disagree with you people completley but am not interested in discussing it further as it has nothing to do with my concern of rom marks.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,163
# 15
12-27-2012, 07:22 PM
All this farming

It's unfair, I tell ya. The U.S. Government pays farmers NOT to grow crops.

I think Starfleet should pay me Omega Marks not to farm...
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,414
# 16
12-27-2012, 07:46 PM
If people have to play Elite STFs to get Omega Marks, then you should do Epohh Raising and other Romulan Content to get Romulan Marks. The fact that people are being forced into Elite STFs just because of some aesthetic reason means that we have more reason to complain than people spending a couple of minutes each day chasing after bunnies for Romulan Marks. There are a ton of ways to get Romulan Marks and it is a great shame that isn't the case for Omega Marks. I have just as much right to play the game my way as you do your way. So I have as much right to ask for a non-combat way to earn Omega Marks as you do for a more difficult team related activity. There are numerous ways to help Task Force Omega that don't require fighting the Borg so there should be a non-combat way to get Omega Marks.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,105
# 17
12-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If people have to play Elite STFs to get Omega Marks, then you should do Epohh Raising and other Romulan Content to get Romulan Marks. The fact that people are being forced into Elite STFs just because of some aesthetic reason means that we have more reason to complain than people spending a couple of minutes each day chasing after bunnies for Romulan Marks. There are a ton of ways to get Romulan Marks and it is a great shame that isn't the case for Omega Marks. I have just as much right to play the game my way as you do your way. So I have as much right to ask for a non-combat way to earn Omega Marks as you do for a more difficult team related activity. There are numerous ways to help Task Force Omega that don't require fighting the Borg so there should be a non-combat way to get Omega Marks.
No, as much as you would like to think that there is, there is no way you can justify having Mk XII MACO Commando/ honor guard/ omega armor visuals without having earned it in STFs like everyone who has it did. Its supposed to be the hardest armor to get in the game and best unique visuals. Rom rep doesnt give anything like this so its somewhat more understandable that they have a non combat way to get marks. Not that you even need the gear anyway being a non combat player.

Like I said earlier there are 6 DIFFERENT Elite STFs, 6 normals. If that isn't enough for you there is defera and red alert. Lots of different ways to get Omega, its fine as it is and doesn't need tuning. Romulan Rep has nowhere near the same amount of space and ground missions Omega has and that is what devs need to focus on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 160
# 18
12-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Like I said earlier there are 6 DIFFERENT Elite STFs, 6 normals.

And Rom side, there's 5 DIFFERENT zone missions, 4-5 instanced dungeons, a set of doff missions, radiation scanning, and several space missions. But somehow, you still want more. While saying that anyone who wants more Omega stuff shouldn't have it.


(Don't you have to get all the STF optionals to get the top-end ground gear costumes? Or did that change? And need BNPs for the top space gear? So, gotta do ESTFs to get these things, even if you have marks? Or am I mistaken.... )



...and personally, I could care less about "the best gear in the game", or the uniform visuals. I just want those wacky green glowy ship bits that've been paraded around in front of me in every sector since I started leveling my first character. And some Borg engines, so I can get around Sector space faster, and maybe participate in the Galaxy Tour event. But even the Mk X's are 450 marks each. That's a lot of 5-mark Defera ground missions. Compared to how blindingly easy it is to be buried in Rom marks.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,105
# 19
12-27-2012, 09:01 PM
None of that stuff gives as much marks as STFs do. I am not asking for an easy way to earn romulan marks like you want to do with omega, I am saying we need a harder but rewarding way to earn romulan marks that is STF level. You should have to do a few elite STFs to get the marks for a borg set. You always had to do it that way before s7 to, either run a few elites and get the EDC for the whole set or lots of normals. 5 or 6 elites even for casual player is just a couple days and you will have the marks. I can make elite STF viable build for less then 1 mil ec, have done that many times with new characters, no reason anyone else cant.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,414
# 20
12-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
None of that stuff gives as much marks as STFs do. I am not asking for an easy way to earn romulan marks like you want to do with omega, I am saying we need a harder but rewarding way to earn romulan marks that is STF level. You should have to do a few elite STFs to get the marks for a borg set. You always had to do it that way before s7 to, either run a few elites and get the EDC for the whole set or lots of normals. 5 or 6 elites even for casual player is just a couple days and you will have the marks. I can make elite STF viable build for less then 1 mil ec, have done that many times with new characters, no reason anyone else cant.
If I have to do Elite STFs to get Mk XII STF ground sets and various other equipment, which I have, then others should do Epohh Raising and other Romulan content to get Romulan equipment. It is rude to suggest Romulan content should have STFs while completely dismissing other people's suggestions that there should be other ways to get Omega Marks. I have no problem with the current system and I am willing to go through the dreadful grind of Elite STFs, but others have a severe problem with teaming with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
No, as much as you would like to think that there is, there is no way you can justify having Mk XII MACO Commando/ honor guard/ omega armor visuals without having earned it in STFs like everyone who has it did. Its supposed to be the hardest armor to get in the game and best unique visuals. Rom rep doesnt give anything like this so its somewhat more understandable that they have a non combat way to get marks. Not that you even need the gear anyway being a non combat player.
Mk XII STF gear requires going through Elite STFs due to the Borg Neural Processors so the maximum a person that doesn't do Elite STFs can get is one Mk XII STF piece due to the reward for getting to Tier 5. So it is possible to get a Mk XII STF piece without even touching an STF. So it is completely possible to have Mk XII MACO Commando/ honor guard/ omega armor visuals without having earned it in STFs. The elite optionals Mk XII uniforms is the "hardest armor to get in the game and best unique visuals." After all, I can do just ISEs to get everything from the Omega Reputation system and that proves absolutely nothing about my skill as an STF player on the ground. It doesn't even show my skill at playing STFs. Now showing off the elite optionals STF gear show that either you have some skill at doing Elite STFs or are able to tag along with a good STF team. Now if there was gear associated with the No Win Scenario, then that would be definite proof of skill since either you have the greatest team in the world and you are tagging along with them or you have skills.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 AM.