Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,660
# 1 Star Trek discusion
12-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Any of you seen a VOY episode , cannot remember what it is called , got the word scporion in it. Where they meet 7 of 9 . Do you agree or disagree with Janeways decision. I woul like some feedback before I make my mind up.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 12-29-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 2
12-29-2012, 10:25 AM
its called Scorpion

and no Id have vapourised the whole damn cube and given the Undine the means to finish the job
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,732
# 3
12-29-2012, 11:11 AM
The Borg are a Plague!

I would have had Picard up on treason charges for not virusing Hugh and sending him back as well.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,689
# 4
12-29-2012, 11:12 AM
In my opinion ...

If you mean the alliance with the Borg ... yes, I agree. The primary objective was to get home and "the Northwest Passage" was a means to that end. Faced with the new threat, and knowing a fight with the Borg was inevitable anyway then "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach was a wise option to employ.

Besides, we got 7 of 9 for the rest of the series
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 5
12-29-2012, 11:14 AM
could have removed BOTH enemies if she had been a bit more intelligent

and seven was of course a major threat AND a delaying factor in getting home
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,489
# 6
12-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
In my opinion ...

If you mean the alliance with the Borg ... yes, I agree. The primary objective was to get home and "the Northwest Passage" was a means to that end. Faced with the new threat, and knowing a fight with the Borg was inevitable anyway then "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach was a wise option to employ.

Besides, we got 7 of 9 for the rest of the series
I agree, it was a deal with the devil, because the only other option, was simply to call it a day and start living in the Delta Quadrant, as Borg space was an all or nothing venture. They had to do something, so something they did...

My one major beef, was that Seven was de-assimilated. From a story perspective, I would have found the character more plausible had she remained as a full, albeit disconnected, drone. The fact that the Doctor said he removed over 80% of the Borg hardware, yet she still just happened to have whatever the plot required, got a bit tedious after a while, as did the wearing of the catsuits... She could've either worn Kes' handmedowns, or other suitable civilian attire, rather than the catsuit...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 7
12-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Seven should have been blown out an airlock and phasered into molecules

Borg is Borg

as to a deal with the devil

"remodulate the deflector array and collapse fluidic space around the borg ships "
thus killing BOTH races

its what The real captains would have done (well actually picard would have negotiated a three way peace over tea and cake )
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,489
# 8
12-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Seven should have been blown out an airlock and phasered into molecules
To be fair to Captain Kate, she did give the order to depressurize the area, and Seven was nearly spaced... I just wish they'd kept her as a drone, rather than a Swiss Army Bunny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
as to a deal with the devil

"remodulate the deflector array and collapse fluidic space around the borg ships "
thus killing BOTH races

its what The real captains would have done (well actually picard would have negotiated a three way peace over tea and cake )
Wasn't really any need to kill the Undine, they had every right to be hostile, simply leaving them to deal with the Borg would have been the easiest option (but still wouldn't've allowed Voyager to cross Borg Space...) Oh well...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,100
# 9
12-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Wasn't really any need to kill the Undine, they had every right to be hostile, simply leaving them to deal with the Borg would have been the easiest option (but still wouldn't've allowed Voyager to cross Borg Space...) Oh well...
I never thought the Undine worked as villains either. It's kind of hard to vilify something when you agree with it. So no. I don't agree with Capt'n Kate there.

I don't even agree Picards decision in "Hugh". Are Viruses living creatures? Do they have a right to exist? Who cares!!! They're dangerous things programmed to consume. They need to be destroyed.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 10
12-29-2012, 04:24 PM
A virus is NOT technically alive
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM.