Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Lifetime membership, sale?
12-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Hey folks, I was wondering if Cryptic ever does a sale on Lifetime memberships? I used to be a subscriber before the F2P days and had I of known I would still be playing I would of opted for the lifetime back then. If I remember right it used to be $200.00 USD, when I looked it up currently the price is set as $300.00 USD, this is way too much to justify. I have seen a lot of MMO's close up shop the past few years and I would hate to drop so much money only to have the servers shut down (like in SWG).
Commander
# 2
12-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fataiityx3 View Post
Hey folks, I was wondering if Cryptic ever does a sale on Lifetime memberships? I used to be a subscriber before the F2P days and had I of known I would still be playing I would of opted for the lifetime back then. If I remember right it used to be $200.00 USD, when I looked it up currently the price is set as $300.00 USD, this is way too much to justify. I have seen a lot of MMO's close up shop the past few years and I would hate to drop so much money only to have the servers shut down (like in SWG).
It was on sale recently for 199. Maybe again soon, maybe not. And I like to think this game has a stable enough following to guarantee it won't shut down anytime soon but, well, **** happens, you piss off your customers, etc. Never know, really.
Captain
# 3
12-27-2012, 03:53 PM
This is the Star Trek MMO so unless CBS decides to give the license to someone else, then I don't see the game shutting down. There will always be people playing this game because it is STAR TREK.
Career Officer
# 4
12-27-2012, 03:58 PM
I very much doubt we will see another LTS sale until summer next year.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
12-27-2012, 04:05 PM
And no subscribing without a credit card, pfft.