Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Rihannsu
# 1 Permafrost bug
12-27-2012, 01:40 PM
After a few rousing sessions of Snowman hunter today I think I may have figured out what causes this.

I had one occasion where I was effectively spawncamped by snowmen and every time I was about to unfreeze they'd start throwing snowballs a second BEFORE I unfroze, and I was getting hit WHILE unfreezing. Each time I got hit while unfreezing, I'd immediately go back to having nearly no HP and being frozen. this happened almost a dozen times in a row.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 2
12-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Heh, I've been getting this since day 1, but I noticed there's a VERY small window to escape- just before you unfreeze ROLL. If you get the timing right your roll will allow you to move a couple feet where your health returns to full and gives you time to run away or continue the attack.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 3
12-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Afaik this is no bug? Why do you think this is a bug?Afterall, you wouldn't be 'camped' upon if there would be other players around to take care of the snowdemons.
It has happened to me a couple of times, but it was my own fault.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Rihannsu
# 4
12-27-2012, 01:54 PM
It's a bug because your health is supposed to return to full BEFORE you start takign damage again.

thanks for the tip Malak.

I've been seeing permafrost since the first day of the new snowmen invasion zone, but it took a few weeks to work out why.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 5
12-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It's a bug because your health is supposed to return to full BEFORE you start takign damage again.

thanks for the tip Malak.

I've been seeing permafrost since the first day of the new snowmen invasion zone, but it took a few weeks to work out why.

Hm, if you roll as Lordmalak1, your health will soon enough build up quickly enough. Its not like you ever die and have to respawn. I think you can safely ignore that 'lifeline'. Just roll and run away. Try to be in an area with more players and this won't be a problem. Imo.
Career Officer
# 6 Not working as intended?
12-27-2012, 02:03 PM
I've experienced this too, and I wonder if it's "working as intended".

It looks like the way it works is that when you're hit by snowballs, your health drops. If your health is low enough and you're hit by a snowball, you're frozen.

When you unfreeze, it takes a short time for your health to recover. If you're hit again before your health has recovered, you freeze again.

I see "immune" flashing when I'm being pelted with snowballs while frozen. I would think the fix (if this isn't intended) should be to continue the immunity until your health is recovered.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Captain
# 7
12-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Obviously you havent been camped by these evil snowmen. The army near the podium caught me once as I was farming snowballs in a deserted instance, and between those 6 and the 3 from across the racetrack i was caught in seconds after the event began, and was trapped for a couple minutes until flurry equipped cavalry arrived.

Sometimes you simply cannot avoid the triple snowman spawn that comes out of nowhere.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 8
12-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Obviously you havent been camped by these evil snowmen. The army near the podium caught me once as I was farming snowballs in a deserted instance, and between those 6 and the 3 from across the racetrack i was caught in seconds after the event began, and was trapped for a couple minutes until flurry equipped cavalry arrived.

Sometimes you simply cannot avoid the triple snowman spawn that comes out of nowhere.
Yes, i have been camped by them, its just an 'Ooops'-moment. Absolutely nothing i would be flabbergasted about. Just keep moving. If you get frozen, you'll just have to wait for some support. Its not like you are loosing much from being rooted a couple of seconds, or are you?

Sorry. My quote is from lordmalak1, but the answer is directed to markhawkman.

Last edited by sandormen123; 12-27-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Rihannsu
# 9
12-27-2012, 02:47 PM
My observations as to getting loot from the event seem to suggest that getting frozen repeatedly means better loot, so.... you might actually gain something. I once managed to pull off not getting frozen the entire event and massacreing dozens of snowmen.... I got 6 items. But, facing the army and getting frozen repeatedly usually gets me 8-10.

For me, I usually only have issues with permafrost when soloing the army. It rarely pops up otherwise.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!