Captain
Based on Mr Stahls calculations of a fleet of 25 people making a tier 5 starbase the cost would be

Approx $25 billion EC - this includes opportunity costs of not selling all the doffs contributed and take into account the massively inflated prices for doffs and thing like heart of Targ that effected the bulk of Starbases - since most were started at launch - remember those Sensor doffs that cost $1 million EC each?

Add to that about 25 million in Dilthium

So for each person in that 25 person fleet that the starbases were based off of - and sold to the playerbase - is the stuff worth $1 billion EC and 1 million Dilthium?

Per Players?

And of course this does not include the hundreds of hours making the EC and the fleet marks.

Is the Equipment and Ships for the avg fleet member worth that much? A 10% increase on fleet ships - not really noticable in PvE which is 95% of the game.

And are the Fleet weapons and engines/shields/deflector - better than Omega/Romulan?

We did not even get the exchange on the base that was promised for tier 4 - what is the point of these useless things?

I am in one of the most active KDF fleets in the game 400 people with 30 avg online all the time - and at the base - almost no-one

Someone tell me why anyone should contribute to these things that are just a pretty store ? And is the stuff sold worth it?

(Now Fleet ships for KDF is a different situation because the KDF has gotten just the Borta or flying Brick in the last year - but Fed side has gotten like 11 ships from the store in the same time period - so Fleet ships are not really needed)
Commander
# 2
12-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
So for each person in that 25 person fleet that the starbases were based off of - and sold to the playerbase - is the stuff worth $1 billion EC and 1 million Dilthium?

Is the Equipment and Ships for the avg fleet member worth that much? A 10% increase on fleet ships - not really noticable in PvE which is 95% of the game.
Yes, The easiest way for me to aquire the MK XII weapons is through the Fleet store. And right now the only way to get the Tier 5 Nova class I have wanted for nearly three years is through the Fleet store.

Quote:
And are the Fleet weapons and engines/shields/deflector - better than Omega/Romulan?
Since there are no more MK XII Borg Space weapons, and the ones that are in game are borked. I think the Fleet weapons are better. As to the Shields, Engines, and Deflectors I have no interest in doing the Romulan rep. system and I am only doing the Omega system on one toon. So the Fleet Equipment Great for my Alts.

Quote:
Someone tell me why anyone should contribute to these things that are just a pretty store ? And is the stuff sold worth it?
I don't think it is just a pretty store, I am proud of what my Fleet has acomplished and built. And to us the Fleet equipment, weapons, and Ships are well worth it.
Rihannsu
# 3
12-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Not worth it but they(devs) don't care. Trekkies will never quit and the devs know it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Commander
# 4
12-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Its also given us a goal to work together as a group. The donation leader board was a great inclusion and I think has helped folks want to reach the top of the board and donate.

The thing Cryptic needs to work on is eventually the larger fleets will hit T5 and fleet members will have no reason to earn fleet credits any more. They have to keep giving us reasons to collect them.

Of course Cryptic has at least 2 months before this is a problem, but its something they will have to address.
Captain
# 5
12-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
Not worth it but they(devs) don't care. Trekkies will never quit and the devs know it.
That's kind of it - they have a captive audience that can't get their trek fix anywhere else - I don't consider JJtrek - Star trek

The way I see it is this:

We were told that we are going to be getting the Top of the line Ferrari with all the bells and whistles - for the price of a standard Covette.

What we got is a Standard Covette(not a bad car but no Ferrari) and the price is that of a Top of the line Ferrari not the Covette!!