Lieutenant
# 1 Spontaneous Deaths
12-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Very regularly in Borg STFs me and lots of people suddenly die by no visible means. I am 8km away from the Cube and then pop I am dead, right through my shields and I am gone in no shots, because I saw no beams, no torpedoes.

Many times this has happened. Any explanations?
'A few deaths are a tragedy. A few million is a statistic.'
Career Officer
# 2
12-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgeoflife View Post
Very regularly in Borg STFs me and lots of people suddenly die by no visible means. I am 8km away from the Cube and then pop I am dead, right through my shields and I am gone in no shots, because I saw no beams, no torpedoes.

Many times this has happened. Any explanations?
Sure there is. Open your combat log while you're waiting to respawn, copy that, and then come back and tell us all what the explanation is.

We await your explanation.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 3
12-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Easy answer: Borg plasma torpedo. Sometimes the visuals don't catch. End result, you die for no apparent reason.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
# 4
12-26-2012, 01:58 PM
borg cubes have torpedos that deal really high dmg. 30-50k dmg is not uncommon. also if they hit you with a 20k hit and you are in a weaker hulled ship, you will probably die, because they usually hit you with other stuff too
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Quick and easy answer.. is the devs aren't creative enough to create missions that are challenging without the one hit invisible torpedoes of doom.

Sad thing is.. they didn't even invent those weapons... they are a bug created by accident, that the devs call a feature now...
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
12-26-2012, 04:19 PM
And this is why we say stand off 8-10km and Above the cube
Captain
# 7
12-27-2012, 01:02 PM
You haven't been hit by a borg torp until you have been hit with borg torp that crits for 304K. Full shields and hull down to 0 in blink. I didn't see it until it appeared at 0.1 km off my nose.
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up
Career Officer
# 8
12-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Those lances in hive can hit out to 16k. I think its to discourage even carriers from trying to dip into range and launch fighters and then slip back out.

Sorta funny when it happens.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 9
12-27-2012, 03:49 PM
It's not a bug/graphics issue.

The Borg are simply transporting a plasma torpedo directly into your warp core, like Janeway was kind enough to do to them.

It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!