Former PWE Community Team Lead
In a supplemental episode of Priority One, Game Designer Jesse Heinig stops by to talk about the Feature Episodes, as well as provide a video and audio walkthrough of the Breen episode, "Cold Case".

Link to the video interview.

Link to the audio interview.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
01-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Would love to see every episode in the game, remastered with a short audio intro. Something like;

"Captains log, supplemental."
"We have received a distress call from the Deferi homeworld. Starfleet has ordered our ship to move in, and investigate, and if necessary, provide assistance."

Just a short intro of what the player could possibly expect, and gives the proper "episodic" feel to the missions. Hell, you could even mix it up a bit by including a Stardate in the intro, based on whatever time period you see fit. Early Starfleet missions would be set in 2409, later missions potentially in 2410 etc.

Obviously you would have to make an audio intro specific for the KDF missions as well.
Captain
# 3
01-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Would love to see every episode in the game, remastered with a short audio intro. Something like;

"We have received a distress call from the Deferi homeworld. Starfleet has ordered our ship to move in, and investigate, and if necessary, provide assistance."

Just a short intro of what the player could possibly expect, and gives the proper "episodic" feel to the missions. Hell, you could even mix it up a bit by including a Stardate in the intro, based on whatever time period you see fit. Early Starfleet missions would be set in 2409, later missions potentially in 2410 etc.

Obviously you would have to make an audio intro specific for the KDF missions as well.
What happens when that audio intro doesn't match the voice of whatever character is playing it?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
"Go to hell" << The breen have enough ships to help them.
Captain
# 5
01-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
What happens when that audio intro doesn't match the voice of whatever character is playing it?
Well, I don't see the problem since your character doesn't HAVE a voice. They removed the voice options before STO launched, and I have yet to see any hints of it being returned. I suppose you could have both Male and Female voice intros depending on the character.
Captain
# 6
01-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Well, I don't see the problem since your character doesn't HAVE a voice. They removed the voice options before STO launched, and I have yet to see any hints of it being returned. I suppose you could have both Male and Female voice intros depending on the character.
It's was Bridge Officers which has the voices not your character.