Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
Whether you like it or not, "JJ-Trek" is the future of the Trek franchise. However, seeing as how these actors are busy with other projects, it is very unlikely they would ever be cast in a Trek TV series. Fortunately, animation has gotten very good over the years.

For these reasons, I say it is time for a new animated series. Basically, the TV series would recognize the events of the movies, and take place in between them. As long as they found decent voice actors who sounded like the main cast, the rest could be animation.

Thoughts?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,503
# 2
12-28-2012, 06:29 PM
I liked TAS sure it had a lot of weird plots, but so did TOS....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,028
# 3
12-28-2012, 06:35 PM
I always wished they had done an amiated series detailing the adventures of the Enterprise and DS9 crew, and perhaps Voy crew, with the original cast doing voicework.
----
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 66
# 4
12-28-2012, 06:41 PM
I would love to see a new Trek animated series, but only if it is directed towards a mature audience with an adult storyline.

I agree, animation has gotten better and has gained a larger adult following over the last decade. Animation would have allot of advantages over a live action show, especially when it comes to special effects costs.

Unfortunately, allot of people can't get past the fact that's it's a cartoon and prefer live action. But most of our major movies come from comic books and we are playing video games that are glorified interactive animated stories. To me animation is just another medium to tell a story, and story is the most important thing.

Last edited by walkincrow; 12-28-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,503
# 5
12-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkincrow View Post
I would love to see a new Trek animated series, but only if it is directed towards a mature audience with an adult storyline.

I agree, animation has gotten better and has gained a larger adult following over the last decade. Animation would have allot of advantages over a live action show, especially when it comes to special effects costs.

Unfortunately, allot of people can't get past the fact that's it's a cartoon and prefer live action. But most of our major movies come from comic books and we are playing video games that are glorified interactive animated stories. To me animation is just another medium to tell a story, and story is the most important thing.
Funny thing is... animation was originally used for just that. Many of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons don't make sense to children. They have a lot of humor things that are outside the scope of what children understand.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,778
# 6
12-28-2012, 07:16 PM
If done properly, I think it could work well I really enjoyed the original Clone Wars series, as it perfectly bridged the gap between AotC and RotS (to be honest, I was disappointed in RotS by how crippled Grievous had become, compared to his prowess in the Clone Wars...) However, it has to be done right, and not re-hashed like Lucas did with the later Clone Wars episodes which totally butchered the continuity... Then again, he was willing to sell the dignity of Master Yoda out to Vodafone, I doubt he actually cared anymore about the work he had created, as I suspect he already knew he would be selling it on to Disney...

Golden Rules for a new Animated Series:
- No retconning established events unless it is truly story worthy, like the TOS/D-S9 episode)
- No input whatsoever from Brannon Braga.

That is all...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 224
# 7
12-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Wasn't that what that web based series was to be? C.G.I. and people to be integrated to produce an even more in-depth trek experience.
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 289
# 8
12-28-2012, 07:20 PM
How about a series about section 31. The Darker grittier side of the Federation. Use the U.S.S Monitor as the setting. For you that are not familiar the Monitor was a black painted stealth defiant class with illegal wepons and technology used for the Section to carry out covert missions.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 66
# 9
12-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
If done properly, I think it could work well I really enjoyed the original Clone Wars series
I was never a big SW fan, but I tried to catch the original Clone Wars series whenever I could. I thought it had a good story and great action. I also really liked the animated style it was done in. Tuned in for a few episodes of the newer version, but it wasn't anywhere near as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Golden Rules for a new Animated Series:
- No retconning established events unless it is truly story worthy, like the TOS/D-S9 episode)
- No input whatsoever from Brannon Braga.

That is all...
Agree 100% with that.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40
# 10
12-28-2012, 09:40 PM
If a new animated Trek series appeared, it would probably be an animated series of the Abrams junk and turn out like Stargate Infinity did.

True Trek is too complicated for many today, many want lens flare, lots of CGI, no story, badly written characters and constant action to appeal to their impatient natures.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:25 PM.