Ensign
What I would like to see is the following:

You know those bunchload of red blobs in Sector Space. "Enemy Contacts". Make it so that if the Fed faction doesn't kill enough of the incursions over a week/end, then there must be negative penalties/resources lost/territory lost in the Neutral Zone. Ditto for the Klingons, they have to stop X number of Fed incursions or suffer the same. Of course, the goals will have to be proportional to the amount of 'toons' that each faction has to field, since as far as I can see, there are way more Feddies than Klinks. To get rid of the negative penalties, the penalized faction has to fight for that.

Like ME Multiplayer, have weekly 'Operation 'funky name'. Where a faction has to complete a certain goal as a whole... if they manage it, then reward time!

And as a fellow in my fleet, Mersenary, said:
I kind of want to see something like Planetside2 where you have a map that you can see who controls what. I mean I think that'll be something new and fresh for STO. Hell it might actually do something for the Klink/Fed war and pvp. Rather than ground warzones being essentially "10 peopel are dropped into a box canyon and have to fight it out) it'll actually be a planet where you're fighting over. Different territories conferring small bonuses(+5 to PSG, +5 to weapons or such) I mean I dont know if it will work too well considering how clunky ground combat is at the moment, but I think it would be a good experiment.
Sectors being empty is a problem I agree. Take Regulus, its... useless empty. There's nothing to do there other than low level missions.
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-03-2013, 03:23 AM
We've been asking for PvP territory control for years
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Ensign
# 3
01-03-2013, 06:23 AM
It'll be like Guild Wars 2's dynamic event all over again (hopefully)!

Amazing for first few weeks, then gets a bit stale. But then again, what *doesn't*?
Lieutenant
# 4
01-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacfe View Post
It'll be like Guild Wars 2's dynamic event all over again (hopefully)!

Amazing for first few weeks, then gets a bit stale. But then again, what *doesn't*?

Depends how much variation there is to how stale it gets.

If its predictable it'll get stale. If its unpredictable it can be interesting for longer. However it's a new gametype that a lot of people seem to want, so it'll hold their interesting for a while

So suggestions to make it less predictable anyone?
Career Officer
# 5
01-04-2013, 07:42 AM
So what you would like is a sort of version of ker'rat where you go in and there is an NPC opposite faction starbase with defenders and transports and its your job to kill as much as possible.

This would be in the same sector as your opposing factions system so the PvP'ers would have an option to either defend their own starbase or attack the other one, with the faction who deal the most damage to the starbase and defenders being declared the victors. Obviously time scale and rewards could be determined later but maybe a 24hour period would be good.

Could also attach missions to these such as destroy x amounts of defenders/attackers, deal x amount of damage to enemy starbase without getting killed, etc. The battle would be shown graphically on the sector by moving the red/blue line according to who was most effective over the last 24hours.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st