Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 1 Infinite Plasma Torpedos
12-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Since my last thread was thoughtlessly merged with another thread that had Nothing to do with my thread, I suppose I should post another.

I have seen a few instances of people who are firing an infinite amount of plasma torpedos, both in pve and pvp. I watched as people took down Elite stf Gates after a series of sustained plasma torpedo fire with no spaces between them, and played in matches where I couldnt possibly protect myself from the amount of torpedos fired at me, even when I dedicated my fighters on intercept, torpedo spread, cannon scatter, Fire At will, and a gravity well to them I still cant get them all, they seem to have infinite range and tracking memory since I cant run from them, and I cant mitigate the damage with one of the most heavily fortified Science ships you will ever see. Teams with these plasma torpedo wonders allways win. I dont even want to pvp anymore because I just dont see any way to counter it.
Career Officer
# 2
12-29-2012, 01:14 PM
What plasma torpedoes are you seeing exactly?

If they're heavy torpedoes that can be targeted and shot down, then they're probably using the Romulan Plasma Torpedo Launcher, since this thing pretty much fires only heavy plasma torpedoes 3 at a time and can be modified with high yield and spread abilities. This is obtained from Romulan Tier 4 reputation.

If you're seeing a normal plasma torpedo that can't be targeted and people are firing these consecutively, then it's probably the Borg Omega Torpedo Launcher. It has 5 charges that can be fired one by one until they're depleted and it refills 1 charge every 6 seconds. This is obtained from Omega Tier 4 reputation.
@HyperLimited

Last edited by hypl; 12-29-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Commander
# 3
12-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Its a great Launcher that took me alot of time Dil, and EC and Grinding to get. I hope people that did not or will not take the time or effort to get it, dont come on the forums crying for a nerf beacuse its something they dont have, or havent figured out how to counter yet. There are a few visual bugs with it but with the right Doffs, Boffs and captian skills and having the 3 piece sets you can unleash hell with it. I can see already that there will be people that dont want to do what it takes or spend the Dil to get these items will see people that have them, become jealous and demand that it be nurfed into uselessness. Just like school children when someone gets an expensive new toy, other children get mad and cuz they dont have it someone will try to break it.
Captain
# 4
12-29-2012, 02:26 PM
lol at the above poster. Its not that hard to get 500 omega marks, 15k dil, and t4 rep, stop making like this was some hard earned item that people will want nerfed. It probably won't be nerfed anyway so stop worrying. It is rather mediocre in pve, and of no threat to me at all in pvp. I do better with my purple quantums or photons with all crit mods myself and always have aggro over people spamming those silly plasma torps.
Captain
# 5
12-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
lol at the above poster. Its not that hard to get 500 omega marks, 15k dil, and t4 rep, stop making like this was some hard earned item that people will want nerfed. It probably won't be nerfed anyway so stop worrying. It is rather mediocre in pve, and of no threat to me at all in pvp. I do better with my purple quantums or photons with all crit mods myself and always have aggro over people spamming those silly plasma torps.
500 romulan marks on the other hand, are much more annoying to get.
Rihannsu
# 6
12-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
500 romulan marks on the other hand, are much more annoying to get.
Winter Epohhs. hehe...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 7
12-29-2012, 05:57 PM
I was speaking of the Romulan 3 Piece set. Thats the Torp, the Beam, and the Console. Way more than 500 Romulan marks. And I'm sorry it was hard to get all 3 when season 7 started I was at no DIL and had to grind my butt off to get enough to buy everything. Plus all the missions and Tau Dewa patrols and Alerts. This is not the 1st post where people are griping about the Plasma Torp spam. I just hope the DEV's dont listen to them.
Captain
# 8
12-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Romulan Plasma Torp + 2-3 Purple Projectile Doffs = win against gates ect
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Captain
# 9
12-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
Romulan Plasma Torp + 2-3 Purple Projectile Doffs = win against gates ect
But fairly useless against anything that actually moves.

Also, not an exploit.
Ensign
# 10
12-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Try this guys.... if you have enough dill and marks... and if you have Fleet Negh'Var Heavy Battle Cruiser

Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set + Romulan Singularity Harness + Reman Prototype Space Set + Plasma Weapons =
"I condemn false prophets, the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all."
Gene Roddenberry (1921-1991)