Lt. Commander
so i hit T5 rep and one of the things i was excited about was the new rom space set but when i saw the stats i started to wonder if it's even worth the cost of the project and grind to get. I do use plasma torps with HY but i'm running full MKXII maco. to me the high yield bonus of the 2p sounds cool but it seems like a down grade.....

just wanted to know if anyone has tryed it out yet coming off the maco and if i should even try to grind for it?

MY FLEET:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=498091
Captain
# 2
12-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Probably not. The 2-piece might be useful for your plasma torpedo, but the 3-piece sucks, but the deflector sucks, the shield is inferior to your MACO shield, the engines are at best 'meh.' Even if the Rom set were free I'd stick with any of the other Omega sets for their superior bonuses.
Captain
# 3
12-29-2012, 06:54 PM
The two piece adapted Maco set that gives the honour guard torp bonus is infinitely more useful than the lame Romnulan/Reman 2 piece set bonus. If you pick the adapted engines and deflector with the trusty old Maco shield, you also extra power, crew resist (if they ever make that mean anything in combat) and your engines can't ever really be disabled.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
The two piece adapted Maco set that gives the honour guard torp bonus is infinitely more useful than the lame Romnulan/Reman 2 piece set bonus. If you pick the adapted engines and deflector with the trusty old Maco shield, you also extra power, crew resist (if they ever make that mean anything in combat) and your engines can't ever really be disabled.

huh, i may give that a try. thanks for all the info everyone, lol saved me a lot of grinding

MY FLEET:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=498091
Captain
# 5
12-30-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm going to have to say no. It's inferior to pretty much every other T5 set. You'd think Cryptic would have given it a little more love being their top prize for their first reputation they implemented, but sadly it's trash.
Rihannsu
# 6
12-30-2012, 06:26 PM
ill second here:

- beautiful, but trash.. don't waste time and resources

Join the premiere Romulan community now!