Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 41
12-29-2012, 05:10 PM
I already gave you the proof

you doubt marks you as an escort jock

and we are widely off topic already

I see no reason why ANY ship should run non standard issue
and i never see a defiant running standard issue gear
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 42
12-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I already gave you the proof

you doubt marks you as an escort jock

and we are widely off topic already

I see no reason why ANY ship should run non standard issue
and i never see a defiant running standard issue gear
You didn't give any proof, actually. You just said things.

I can say things too!

The Defiant was awesome and blew things up, and also took direct hits to its hull without blowing up (looking at you, Enterprise-D).

It also wasn't hijacked by its own computer-generated hologram! (once again, Enterprise-D)

It also never spontaneously lost power for no good reason (Ent-D).

Your completely unfounded hatred marks you as an irrational person.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 43
12-30-2012, 02:28 AM
It did not HAVE holograms
It also did lose power to critical systems (several times)

your desire to flag me as irrational is irrational as well
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 44
12-30-2012, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
It did not HAVE holograms
It also did lose power to critical systems (several times)

your desire to flag me as irrational is irrational as well
Burden of proof is on you to prove the Defiant is a junker. I maintain that it never did anything that wasn't old hat on all Starfleet ships, with two exceptions: it never had a Holodeck catastrophe (because it doesn't have Holodecks), and it actually blew up a ton of things.

Frankly, given what they had it doing, the Defiant performed far above other ships in Star Trek. It still got its job done even with partial power, didn't have a chronic problem where its warp core threatened to breach on every other Tuesday, and cuts a much more dashing profile than any other ship.

Bring something substantial to this here debate if you really want to convince me that the Defiant was exceptionally bad. Point me to a list of episodes where parts just fell off the ship constantly because it's a junker, or the episode where it turned out to be a bomb (???), or really... ANYTHING that proves your point.

I don't think you will, though. I think your next post will look like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
i did give you proof a lot of it
the defiant was built to blow up
its engines kept falling off
and also there was the one time where the bridge just fell apart and all the crew was shot into space
it killed everybody
totally canon
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 815
# 45
12-30-2012, 04:18 AM
Just agree to disagree fellas yes.

Back to need/greed as a person who rely upon hoovering up as much gear as possible by pressing need everytime because as i said before i dont have the business sence to make millions off the exchange. Would people at the end of matches kindly pick up any drops left behind. Its a waste in SB24 seeing a mound of unclaimed drops that could be used. a waste.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 46
12-30-2012, 07:11 AM
He has resorted to forged posts now
so I will agree he is wrong
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 47
12-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
He has resorted to forged posts now
so I will agree he is wrong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHwegwXwwHs

Still waiting on you to back up your argument.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
# 48
12-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
As everyone who does any kind of group content in PUGs knows need or greed is almost dead. Most people choose need by default and people who would usually use greed adapt to get something at all.
That just means the system has reached its predictable equilibrium. Attempts to "fix" it, by piling on layers of conditionals or side rewards or whatever, are likely to simply introduce other problems. It might be preferable to drop it altogether in favor of random allocation, or independent loot rolls, or even making Round Robin the default.
____________________

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 35
# 49
12-30-2012, 08:02 AM
As someone said above, I have an even simpler idea also.

You get to need once every 5 minutes, or if you want to be harsh a couple of times a mission. You get to greed after that.

Simple and easy. As it is now there is no need or greed, everyone just needs.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 829
# 50
12-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Quick and easy. Just make it random roll. Fair and square.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:11 PM.