Captain
# 1 Favorite video game quotes
09-15-2012, 03:15 PM
We all play video games here. I'm going to assume that you play other games besides STO. And while playing those games you've heard characters say things that catch your ear. So what are your favorite quotes?

My favorites so far?

Anything said by Duke Nukem in his third game.

"Behold MY MIGHTY HAND!!!" said by Onslaught in Marvel vs Capcom. It's not that he says it, but rather... HOW he says it. Makes me NOT want to know where that hand has been...

and finally, my most favorite quote so far...

"You can't die! You still owe money!!!" said by Louie the Vagabond Witch (when she's KO'ed) in the game Trouble Witches Neo. Her family apparently has a huge debt and it's on her shoulders to pay it up... And I swear this game is so rife with bad voice acting...
Captain
# 2
09-15-2012, 03:22 PM
"OK, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-The Player Character (Baldur's Gate)
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 3
09-15-2012, 03:30 PM
At the moment one that is in my head at the moment

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"

Auron - Final Fantasy X

Oo and a completely random one..

"Feed me! - I'm hungry!"
(presumably) Bunty - Chicken Run the Pc Game

And who could EVER forgot (assuming they have played one of the series)

"HEEEYAAH!!"

Link - Legend of Zelda

Last edited by elandarksky; 09-15-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Lieutenant
# 4
09-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Let's just include the 2004 release of The Bard's Tale in its entirety and be done with it, shall we?

Oh, it's bad luck to be you.
Don't think for just a second it's not true
When your life has run amuck
You'll see that you're the schmuck.
Oh, it's bad luck to be
Really bad luck to be
Nobody could disagree.
It's a freaking guarantee.
Oh, it's bad luck to be you.
Diddly doo.
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-15-2012, 06:24 PM
"Your nocturnal perseverance has unlocked a hidden gaming tip: GO TO BED!"
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Lieutenant
# 6
09-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
"Your nocturnal perseverance has unlocked a hidden gaming tip: GO TO BED!"
Hehehe! I'd almost forgotten that one from Dungeon Keeper! Every night at 3am for about two weeks, that line would play out of my speakers.
Career Officer
# 7
09-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Gordon Freeman!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-24-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm probably too old for this posting and am going to quote computer games from the times of the early days, but anyone remember the classic "Blood"?

"Rest in pieces.", Caleb says when blowing up the two headed hell-hound with dynamite (what was that dog called again...?)

"We're gonna need a bigger boat.", he mumbles, when he takes the sloop to meet the flying demon, nicely stolen from Jaws.

But the best, at the opening of the game, when he comes out of the grave, and says: "I'm alive!", nicely stolen from Frankenstein.

Oh yeah, the fat dead guys that attack you with burbs, kept moaning: "Join us.", and when you set the little civilian guys on fire, they ran around shouting: "It burns!", and then: "There is no place like home!"

They don't make 'em like Blood anymore.

Also there was the original Duke Nuke 'em.

"I can either kick ass or chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum."

And there were really good ones in "Redneck Rampage".

"If you mess with the bull, you get the horns. I think it was actually coined first in that game.

But nobody remembers that stuff, these games came out twenty odd years ago?
Career Officer
# 9
09-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Its before my time, but Blood holds a permanent spot in my collection, mainly for the prankcall and Caleb singing "Strangers in the night..."

As for quotes, most of mine lie in srw, notably Kyosuke Nanbu's "Don'na soukou darouto... uchi tsuranaku nomi!", Ratsel's "Ikuzo, Trombe!" And Sanger Zonvolt's "CHEEEESSSSSTOOOOOOOOOO!

Waga zankantou ni... tatenu mono nashi"
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-24-2012, 09:44 AM
GLaDOS: "That thing is probably some kind of raw sewage container, go ahead and rub your face all over it."
Wheately: Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, all right? If anyone asks - and no one's gonna ask, don't worry - but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive, all right? Not dead.
Vortigaunt: Our finest poet describes it thus: (weird alien language) Gallum galla gilla ma.

(Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.