Survivor of Romulus
# 31
12-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
That sort of approach only works in ritualized duels of honor. Actual war? nuh-uh...

RIP Twinkies....
Sneaky people lose

stealthy and sneaky fails
Direct and honest wins

this is why the ninja died out
the tonton macute died out
the thugee died out
Captain
# 32
12-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Sneaky people lose

Direct and honest wins

the thugee died out
Dismantle the CIA or MI6 or any intelligence services or commando units in modern armies, see how quickly the wars are won then.

If section 31 where aloud to finish their GM disease plan the founders would be exterminated and the Dominion war won, instead the Federation preferred an 'honourable' open war, and almost lost.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
12-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Dismantle the CIA or MI6 or any intelligence services or commando units in modern armies, see how quickly the wars are won then.
quicker

if the CIA had never existed there would probably not have been an afghan war a vietnam war or a columbian war
remembering that a certain bearded nutter was CIA recruited and trained

I
Quote:
f section 31 where aloud to finish their GM disease plan the founders would be exterminated and the Dominion war won, instead the Federation preferred an 'honourable' open war, and almost lost.
not hardly

ok imagine the founders are all dead

The Firsts would gather "these federation cowards have killed the founders , show them no mercy" a Trillion Warriors mount up and head for earth

and thats that for the federation
Rihannsu
# 34
12-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Sneaky people lose

Direct and honest wins

the thugee died out
The ninja were peasants who wanted to escape the tyranny of the Japanese warlords. Stealth and deception were their best weapons simply because they lacked the money to use the weapons and armor fo the Samurai..... Honestly.... Samurai weren't "honorable" either. They subjugated peaceful farming vilalges for no reason other than to make the warlord they served rich.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
12-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
The ninja were peasants who wanted to escape the tyranny of the Japanese warlords.
myth

they were criminals think of them as the spys and assassins of the Yakuza and lesser clans (the greater houses and clans had their own internal agents)

Quote:
Stealth and deception were their best weapons simply because they lacked the money to use the weapons and armor fo the Samurai..... Honestly.... Samurai weren't "honorable" either.
compared to the ninja??

Quote:
They subjugated peaceful farming vilalges for no reason other than to make the warlord they served rich.
actually they protected and administered villages that belonged to the Emperor via their lord
and to ensure the peasants were fed , governed , protected and taxed

the "vicious samurai" is a myth
some of them never even touched a sword
Samurai was a social class as much as a military
Captain
# 36
Quote:
I didn't
they told me I was diabetic and ruined my bloody life
(Id rather have died)
Had you not been told you probably would have done, albeit quicker, and in a greater degree of discomfort...

Quote:
no its also a comic book and a rather good album
And also America's self-appointed status on the world stage...

Quote:
Had the allies LOST the war Churchill would be treated the same in literature and movies
the winner writes the historys
I agree, he would not have been portrayed as he has been, but even so, he's still not in Hitler's league... And of course, that's rather getting off the point, that there are some leaders, who the world would have been better for had their troops shot them...

Quote:
yep
COWARD
In your opinion...

Quote:
not on my watch
Remember the french have come to rue the day
and the Russians didn't get them all
I don't think the troubles in France are down to the lack of a monarchy...

Quote:
you want him gone?
Vote him out
Sadly, it's not quite as easy as that... Oh for sure, I think the chances of him winning an election are negligeable, but he needs to be punished for his victimization of the weakest members of society... I would prefer it to be done legally, but as above, I think if people had access to handguns, someone would've taken a shot at him before now...

Quote:
Cheer up homeland security are a bloody joke (they are about as much use as the warmington on sea home guard)
Maybe so, but it's still the same kind of paranoia which existed during the McCarthy era. The setting up of FEMA camps wouldn't worry me in and of themselves, but from what some of my friends have said, they're more like concentration camps, and that rather concerns me...

Quote:
an illegal order MUST be disobeyed
On the contrary... All threats foreign and domestic... I believe that you've pointed out before that an officer has the obligation to refuse to carry out an illegal or morally questionable order...
Career Officer
# 37
Section 31 missions are limited unfortunately. Although, in the very last mission episode they do claim that your toon is now an operative (no choice apparently) and will be called upon again some day.... of course, from what i gather once you hit level 50 you don't get the fun mission stuff anymore! So who knows, maybe this is an opportunity for Foundry missions or maybe the Dev's have some future special elite missions planned?!
Rihannsu
# 38
12-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
myth

they were criminals think of them as the spys and assassins of the Yakuza and lesser clans (the greater houses and clans had their own internal agents)

compared to the ninja??

actually they protected and administered villages that belonged to the Emperor via their lord
and to ensure the peasants were fed , governed , protected and taxed

the "vicious samurai" is a myth
some of them never even touched a sword
Samurai was a social class as much as a military
Lemme guess... you think the warlords were democratically elected? NOT.....

The First Emperor of Japan was the Most powerful warlord at the end of the Japanese feudal era. He "united" the country by killing the opposition.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 12-31-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
12-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
I didn't
they told me I was diabetic and ruined my bloody life
(Id rather have died)

Had you not been told you probably would have done, albeit quicker, and in a greater degree of discomfort...
id have gone into a coma and died in my sleep
instead i have had six years of misery and hell
two major operations on my back with months of draining and recovery
and im STILL slowly dying

Quote:
Quote:
no its also a comic book and a rather good album

And also America's self-appointed status on the world stage...
Well Id rather see someone else do it

Team UK world bobby?

Quote:
Quote:
Had the allies LOST the war Churchill would be treated the same in literature and movies
the winner writes the historys

I agree, he would not have been portrayed as he has been, but even so, he's still not in Hitler's league... And of course, that's rather getting off the point, that there are some leaders, who the world would have been better for had their troops shot them...
yes not always the ones people think of (at least one union general for a start)

Quote:
Quote:
yep
COWARD

In your opinion...
yes and of course his comrades

Quote:
Quote:
not on my watch
Remember the french have come to rue the day
and the Russians didn't get them all

I don't think the troubles in France are down to the lack of a monarchy...
most of them are
the lack of royalty led to napoleon and to them losing a LOT of wars

Quote:
Quote:
you want him gone?
Vote him out

Sadly, it's not quite as easy as that... Oh for sure, I think the chances of him winning an election are negligeable, but he needs to be punished for his victimization of the weakest members of society... I would prefer it to be done legally, but as above, I think if people had access to handguns, someone would've taken a shot at him before now...
in Britain they throw fruit

Qu
Quote:
ote:
Cheer up homeland security are a bloody joke (they are about as much use as the warmington on sea home guard)

Maybe so, but it's still the same kind of paranoia which existed during the McCarthy era. The setting up of FEMA camps wouldn't worry me in and of themselves, but from what some of my friends have said, they're more like concentration camps, and that rather concerns me...
they aren't
they are for evacuation in floods hurricanes etc

Quote:
Quote:
an illegal order MUST be disobeyed

On the contrary... All threats foreign and domestic... I believe that you've pointed out before that an officer has the obligation to refuse to carry out an illegal or morally questionable order...
yes to DISOBEY it
Captain
# 40
12-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Why cameron??

The ATOS thing is a labour issue

Actually what the uk needs most is a NEW party of government

perhaps one which recognises that Trade unions should not have ANY say in leadership and that the European union is a bad idea
Cameron has allowed the policy to continue, done nothing to stop it, but done everything to feed prejudice against those claiming disability benefits. The amount of people who have either died of their illnesses after being forced back into work, or who have been reduced to such hopelessness that they killed themselves, is shocking. Their blood is on Cameron and Osbourne's hands.