Captain
# 41
01-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Then why send a cryptic warning to Kes? Why threaten to destroy Voyager? The Undine must have known they weren't Borg.
Why did they send a warning? The Undine were lost, confused, and under attack by species they didn't know existed, from a universe they didn't know existed.

If we as humanity came under attack from interdimensional cyborgs intent on removing our free will, tell me, in all your experience with humanity, particularly America, would we not respond with as many nukes as possible?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 42
01-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Actually the USA would respond first with "do you know who you are messing WITH??"
Then they would send in Chuck norris, Arnie and Danny De vito to kick the aliens behind

And when THAT failed they would use the nukes
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-01-2013, 12:20 PM
They were telling Kes what was up, not giving her a warning. Like a thug on the street saying, "I'm gonna light you up sucka!"

While I enjoyed the story, Janeway should've left the cube in fluidic space, then after the Undine finished the cube off, fired some assimilation torps to show the Undine to stay put.

After all later down the road the Undine agreed to a cease fire with Janeway, so they are in no way as evil as the Borg.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
01-01-2013, 12:23 PM
I think she should of gave torps that didnt work, then the undine kill the cube and Janeway kill the undine. Then escape collapsing fludic space .

*Simplez ... squeak*
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Rihannsu
# 45
01-01-2013, 01:19 PM
How do people get the idea that they COULD have collapsed Fluidic space?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 46
01-01-2013, 01:45 PM
its an unstable polydimension (ergo it can be destroyed much as subspace can be)
Rihannsu
# 47
01-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
its an unstable polydimension (ergo it can be destroyed much as subspace can be)
Where did you get that idea?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 48
01-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Says who? All we know about it is that it's a parallel universe filled with organic fluid instead of vacuum. And that its laws of physics appear to be similar to our own.

And if Voyager somehow did manage to collapse it, that would be genocide. Janeway, crazy as she might be, doesn't like genocide.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
01-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Discussion at a convention in manchester

but as all subverses are bounded and unstable
you could collapse it
Captain
# 50
01-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Discussion at a convention in manchester

but as all subverses are bounded and unstable
you could collapse it
Who says it's a subverse? It may have similar laws of physics, but so did the mirror universe and all those parallel universes we saw in "Parallels".
Please fix the Foundry lag!