Captain
# 41
01-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Actually, most of the casual, average players never look at the info box, and many don't even realize they can, despite it being an option every time you right click something.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Captain
# 42
01-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Actually, most of the casual, average players never look at the info box, and many don't even realize they can, despite it being an option every time you right click something.
I dont know if thats true... but certainly possible.
Captain
# 43
01-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
The lesson here is always read the smallprint.
the funny thing is, the small print says that it can be traded, while the large bold print says it cant be traded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Ensign
# 44
01-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Dev Blog before Winter Event explained all about rewards. It is written in that devblog that ship will be bound to character upon pick up.
Flota/Fleet: TNT Grupa
Drzava/Country: BiH/Bosnia

Captain
# 45
01-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
the funny thing is, the small print says that it can be traded, while the large bold print says it cant be traded.
This, even if casual players don't read the devblogs or forums, you are neglecting the fact that the very same infobox you are reading has it listed as bound to character on pickup.

You had to bypass big bright yellow text to get to your otherwise smaller white text that said it was tradeable. I am not sure how much clearer Cryptic could be that it is bound to character other then have the text flashing neon colors.
Captain
# 46
01-03-2013, 09:48 AM
People, its a "free" ship, it isn't trade-able, it won't ever be. Enjoy the ship and have a nice day.
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
01-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Personally, I have never used anything but the tool tips and the news feed on the website.
I did not even know that the right click info was available for over a year (roommate has a sub). I went after the ship because the info that was available on the website indicated that it would fit my playstyle for my fed toon.

Side Note
Why does the federation not build a battlecruiser style ship? I think they did during the Dominion War but those were unfinished cruisers from what I can remember/discover.
Ensign
Seems to me that if you are posting a complaint about a typo in the forums, you already get information from other sources than in-game.

The developers have already addressed this.

Sounds like whining to me. Just take your free gift, or not, but this isn't an issue that need any more resolution.

Cheers!
Republic Veteran
# 49
01-06-2013, 06:03 AM
considering even on the shop where it's sold, when you select the ship, it says "It is bound on pickup" its quiet obvious the box itself is wrong when it says tradeable. check the vendor, says you cannot trade it when you buy it.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 50
01-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
So the mountains of information available via this website, various blogs and podcasts that have clearly stated for weeks that the ship is BOUND TO CHARACTER, mean nothing ?

"There's a TYPO on the box in the game !!!! REVOLT !!!
They must honor the words of the TYPO !!!"

This is a profoundly ridiculous idea.
It's your own fault that you didn't read the VERY easily available information regarding the ship.
Now, you expect them to suddenly make a ship that is EASILY achievable "tradeable"?
No
That has no room for exploiting whatsoever.

*shaking my head in disbelief*
dude, take it down a notch.. not everyone sits on this website like you and lives and breathes by every single word a dev says.. to be honest.. ingame wording is worth more than wording on the website, since this is a game, and it was stated it was tradeable ingame..

this is a buisness, if i go a store, and the box of cereal is mis labeled and reads its cheaper, they usually give you the price.. so cryptic needs to smarten up and be more diligent in the future on making sure things like this are clear "ingame"..

further more, you make it sound like this kid is trying to get the keys to the company over this.. no where have i seen him make any demand.. he is simply stating his being upset that cryptic dropped the ball as they usually do..

so take a chill pill, maybe log off and look outside (i know its gonna be bright and full of things your not used to) and stop acting like yours is the only viable opinion on the forums..

as for the op.. i feel ya man.. these inconsistancies can lead to a waste of time.. the moral of the story is you should try to keep track of whats going on in the forums and on the website, but dont feel like you are wrong to be upset by this.. its not your fault, it is theirs..