Lt. Commander
# 1 Lost duty officers
05-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Hello.

First of all let me say that i love the doff system. Untill today.

It tuns out that the very rare Transfer Changeling Spy to Starbase mission always removes a doff. (of course now i look at it it does say so in the mission text) I didn't see that yesterday when assigned the doff. Now only did i assign it a doff i assigned it an ultra rare one (probally the default recommendation).

i'm sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find the threads so let me ask again

1) is there any way to recover this doff (an account rollback? it would be worth it to me)
2) could you PLEASE make the missions that consume officers more obvious (like instead of the blue and gold/brown ones make it red in the assignment list)
3) could you PLEASE if an assignment consumes duty officers make the default recommendation quality officers. Even if it was my favorite one if it was a white/green quality i wouldnt be so frustrated
4) an confirmation that defaults to cancel?

I'm sure next week i'll like this game again but right now i'm a bit frustrated with it, even if it was my own fault for missing half a red line (since the other half doenst even show by default)
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2012, 02:26 AM
People have had this problem before and unfortunately for you they didn't get a rollback
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batavius
Hello.

First of all let me say that i love the doff system. Untill today.

It tuns out that the very rare Transfer Changeling Spy to Starbase mission always removes a doff. (of course now i look at it it does say so in the mission text) I didn't see that yesterday when assigned the doff. Now only did i assign it a doff i assigned it an ultra rare one (probally the default recommendation).

i'm sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find the threads so let me ask again

1) is there any way to recover this doff (an account rollback? it would be worth it to me) For a player mistake, unlikely
2) could you PLEASE make the missions that consume officers more obvious (like instead of the blue and gold/brown ones make it red in the assignment list) There is this red text at the end of the mission description, that is usually always visable and an abvious sign. As is the mssion name...
3) could you PLEASE if an assignment consumes duty officers make the default recommendation quality officers. Even if it was my favorite one if it was a white/green quality i wouldnt be so frustrated I agree here, however the better the officer you assign the better the potential rewards. Not everyone would want their lowest quality officers being the default. I might want to get rid of some of the Support Colonization Repeatable Purple DOffs
4) an confirmation that defaults to cancel? Again, if we really need to be reminded that we are losing DOff's then this would be a sensible idea

I'm sure next week i'll like this game again but right now i'm a bit frustrated with it, even if it was my own fault for missing half a red line (since the other half doenst even show by default)
Read the red writing above... I hope that made it more obvious
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2012, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMullins View Post
Read the red writing above... I hope that made it more obvious
Maybe people would want to get rid of a certain purple doff. All i'm saying is if you pick a low quality officer as default for the missions where you would lose the officer the odds of a mistake decreases

As for the red warning. On my screen you see half of the red text that says you loose the officer. and i missed it. Is it my own fault? Of course. I'm not saying i'm entitled to anything, i'm asking for help after a mistake and making suggestions that would reduce the number of mistakes made by me and other and therefore increase the enjoyability of this game.

And to be honest, at this point (in my opinion), you get more warning when disposing of ferengi lockboxes than of duty officers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2012, 04:00 AM
All I can say mate is: Sorry.

You need to be more careful in the future.

Heretic has made it very clear that, while sad and frustrating, there is no going back on this.
He seems to be genuinely sad that people have lost important DuOff's but in the end, the mission text is very specific on this, and as such is not something they are going to reverse.

I have been fortunate enough to not mistakenly assign any important DuOff's to theese assignments, but only because I take my time to scroll through the text, and a warning is there.

In the future, Heretic might consider adding a warning emblem to the assignment (like the "You lack the officer or you lack the resources for this mission", but untill then, theres nothing that can be done about this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-26-2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batavius
Maybe people would want to get rid of a certain purple doff. All i'm saying is if you pick a low quality officer as default for the missions where you would lose the officer the odds of a mistake decreases

As for the red warning. On my screen you see half of the red text that says you loose the officer. and i missed it. Is it my own fault? Of course. I'm not saying i'm entitled to anything, i'm asking for help after a mistake and making suggestions that would reduce the number of mistakes made by me and other and therefore increase the enjoyability of this game.

And to be honest, at this point (in my opinion), you get more warning when disposing of ferengi lockboxes than of duty officers.
for the record mate I too have been affected by this, I have lost good duty officers because I didnt read the text but that was my mistake. your point about losing lockboxes compared to duty officers is true, and at the very least a confirmation option for missions you los DOffs would be a very good idea
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post

I have been fortunate enough to not mistakenly assign any important DuOff's to theese assignments, but only because I take my time to scroll through the text, and a warning is there.

In the future, Heretic might consider adding a warning emblem to the assignment (like the "You lack the officer or you lack the resources for this mission", but untill then, theres nothing that can be done about this.
I hope the devs are reading this. A small red icon that is barely visible like the ones you get if the required doff is on another assignment is not going to work. Its the same as the current warning label where you have to scroll down to actually read is. Making the mission have a different color or make doffs turn red when you assign them that is something people will notice. Maybe I need a better monitor but dark red on dark blue isn't that obvious for some people
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Just to drive the point home i included a screenshot that shows how much of the warning i see. in windowed mode it is even possible to see nothing at all without scrolling. Maybe this warning should come first
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Even in that micro picture I can see red text, but /shrug I've got no problem with an extra warning for the people that won't read the info presented.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-28-2012, 09:12 AM
It's the player's fault on this one. You won't be getting that DOFF back.

However, adding a confirmation message: ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO REMOVE THIS DOFF? right before you click the assignment button would be a nice addition for the devs to put in.
Closed Thread