Captain
# 1 Request relating to Q's photos
12-30-2012, 11:57 AM
So I was thinking:

With everything that happened to the world in December, there are players (like myself) who may be outside of the 10-day window to get 1000 photos.

Cryptic, this is your chance to show that you care about your playerbase, by doing 2 things when the winter event ends:

A-Re-Binding any remaining photos to "Bound to Account". This would allow those who have multiple characters the ability to shuffle around extra photos to cover any remaining (I persoanlly think I'm going to be 40-80 short).

B-Keep the Q Appreciation package and the Breen ship in the LOBI store for players to work on getting.

I honestly hope you do these things Cryptic. Otherwise, my opinion of you caring about your playerbase is going to disintegrate.
Ensign
# 2
12-30-2012, 12:08 PM
I don't mean to sound rude, but, unless I've missed something, the Holiday Event runs through Jan 14th. So, unless you started collecting the pics around mid December, you should have more than enough for the Breen ship by the 14th.
Captain
# 3
12-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Seems like they care a lot about their playerbase to make something they could have sold in lockboxes available for free. They can't make it available forever though, its still supposed to be somewhat rare like lockbox ships and jemhadar ship.
Career Officer
# 4
12-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Seems like they care a lot about their playerbase to make something they could have sold in lockboxes available for free. They can't make it available forever though, its still supposed to be somewhat rare like lockbox ships and jemhadar ship.
Rare? Really? Hell, I was at Earth Space Dock earlier (in my Sovereign). I swear ever other ship was one of these Chel Grett Warships. These things are far from rare. They're like swarms; they're everywhere.
Captain
# 5
12-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
So I was thinking:

With everything that happened to the world in December, there are players (like myself) who may be outside of the 10-day window to get 1000 photos.

Cryptic, this is your chance to show that you care about your playerbase, by doing 2 things when the winter event ends:

A-Re-Binding any remaining photos to "Bound to Account". This would allow those who have multiple characters the ability to shuffle around extra photos to cover any remaining (I persoanlly think I'm going to be 40-80 short).

B-Keep the Q Appreciation package and the Breen ship in the LOBI store for players to work on getting.

I honestly hope you do these things Cryptic. Otherwise, my opinion of you caring about your playerbase is going to disintegrate.

Honestly, The only thing I would like to point out, is I believe the Ship is tied to the Holiday Vendor. Even if they made the photos bound to account after the event, it would mean nothing, as there is no one to turn them into.
Career Officer
# 6
12-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
So I was thinking:

...And that's why they gave us 35 days to collect them...

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=775821

Quote:
This means that player captains that can participate in the event 25 times during the 35+ days that the Winter Event will be active
Quote:
And what about Cryptic's opinion of the player base? you just disintegrate it... :/

Last edited by deyvad; 12-30-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Captain
# 7
12-30-2012, 02:14 PM
39 to be exact. Plus you can do it every 20 hours, so its indeed a little more than that.
Career Officer
# 8
12-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
So I was thinking:

With everything that happened to the world in December, there are players (like myself) who may be outside of the 10-day window to get 1000 photos...
According to the Dev's Blog...
Quote:
If, by some stroke of bad luck, you find yourself incapable of participating in the event the required number of times, this does not mean you?ll have missed your chance to earn the Breen Warship! The Lobi Crystal Consortium is selling ?Q?s Appreciation Package? for just 5 Lobi Crystal, which will contain 2-6 of his sought-after Autographs. Although this is a large investment in Lobi Crystals for players seeking to purchase the ship outright, remember that the price can be significantly reduced by simply running the ?Fastest Game on Ice? on a daily basis.
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=775821
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
12-30-2012, 05:08 PM
With everything that happened to the World in December, including myself working a 12 hour shift on both Christmas Eve and Christmas day, I still managed to collect all the photos I needed and got my Chel Gret today. (Thanks cryptic! )

That said, it would be a slap in the face for all of us that did manage to collect the photos by sacrificing some sleep in my case if they were made any easier to get.

It is nice that the Lobi vendor is there to allow others to get the ship, but they will have to spend the money instead of the time.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 10
12-30-2012, 05:49 PM
The only request I have is so you can purchase a Framed Q Picture Wall Trophy for those of us that don't care about the ship.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.