Ensign
How do I get equipment (armor, weapons etc) for my foundry testing character? Do I just keep playing until I pick one up or what?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
05-16-2014, 04:52 AM
Pretty much, yeah.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
05-16-2014, 06:51 AM
If you can build up some EC, you can set your mission to start from ESD. Preview from the beginning of the mission will place you there and give you access to the shops.

@greendragoon
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
05-16-2014, 07:27 AM
You can also when you are previewing a mission, hit the warp out button which will take you to sector space. From there you can do regular game missions and level up if you wish or just get some gear.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Career Officer
# 5
05-16-2014, 01:31 PM
You can mail yourself gear now.
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Rihannsu
# 6
05-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedukeofrock View Post
You can mail yourself gear now.
Foundry chars can't use mail...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
05-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
You can also when you are previewing a mission, hit the warp out button which will take you to sector space. From there you can do regular game missions and level up if you wish or just get some gear.
Missions are good for specific gear. But you can easily go into Ker'rat or Otha, use the "power of god" (kill NPC) and load up on Purples. And having max purple gear helps testing your missions. If it's too much with purple gear, then you tone down your mission.

Though still wish the Foundry team arranged the Foundry test characters having set default gear, that way we don't have to mess around with gearing testing characters. It's already done for you and the ship.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Career Officer
# 8
05-17-2014, 10:10 PM
It should be noted that NPC mobs do not behave the same in Foundry preview mode as they do in a published mission, particularly when it comes to pathing. So, it may not be worthwhile to level your test toon or try to acquire high-end gear just for combat testing purposes.

What I've taken to doing is using preview mode to ensure that everything on each map other than combat (object/contact placement, triggers, etc.) works as intended, using Untargetable, God Mode and/or Kill Target to destroy or evade NPC mobs instead of actually engaging them. Once I'm satisfied with that, I'll publish the mission (with a "Work In Progress/Do Not Play or Review" message in the description) and play-test the combat with one of my regular toons, make note of any issues or potential improvements (along with any non-combat issues that might have come up in the published mission), go back into the Foundry, make the adjustments and repeat the process. Once I'm satisfied, I'll either un-publish the mission and work on new maps, or if it's in a complete state, take down the "Do Not Play" notice and let reviewers have at it.

Last edited by paxfederatica; 05-17-2014 at 10:13 PM.