Lt. Commander
I hadn't thought of this before but what does Cryptic plan on doing with the Fleet Mark system. I noticed a problem because once Fleet Starbases and the Fleet Embassy become completed, Fleet Marks become useless and a potential problem.

I'm curious if Cryptic plans on improving the Fleet Mark system so that when a Fleet Starbase is completed that there will be an opportunity to continue to exchange earned Fleet Marks at the same exchange rate. Otherwise, it becomes a limited currency in-game system that will become worthless to those players with Completed Starbases.
Career Officer
# 2
12-29-2012, 08:03 PM
You still need fleet marks to stock on provisions.
@HyperLimited
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-29-2012, 08:32 PM
There's a problem with that. Once your Starbase and your Embassy are completed. the Fleet Marks you continue to accumulate become worthless. There are only two options for you to convert Fleet Marks to Fleet Credit, that is through Starbase Projects or Embassy Projects.

Sorry to say this, but there was a lack of oversight on the devs behalf because they have yet to create a system where you can convert those Fleet Marks to Fleet Credits.

Let's put it this way, you have stockpiled a ton of Fleet Marks, your Fleet Starbase has been completed and your Fleet Embassy is completed. So, how do you convert your Fleet Marks so you can buy Fleet Provisions, Fleet Ships and so forth? You can't, because Cryptic hasn't designed an exchange program where you can instantly convert or trade-in your Fleet Marks for Fleet Credit.

In other words, Fleet Marks then become worthless. This is why we need an exchange program for Fleet Marks so they can be converted, or allow Fleet Marks to be used to purchase fleet-specific items.

Last edited by kemcha; 12-29-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
12-29-2012, 08:42 PM
You still need fleet marks to input into projects that give provisions upon completion. You also have those other projects specifically designed to generate fleet credits. However, those fleet credit projects could use an increase in the amount of fleet marks you can contribute since they seem quite small compared to the other contributions.

But I see what you're talking about, and this could be a problem in a large and active fleet where people are constantly inputting fleet marks into projects so often that other members don't have a chance to. A direct trade system would be helpful.
@HyperLimited
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-29-2012, 08:43 PM
There is one - the special projects such as 'Trade mission to the Gamma Quadrant'. And if the Rep system has the 'Ongoing War/Diplomatic Efforts', it's fairly likely T5 SBs have 'Ongoing Fleet Provisions' or similar. Kinda pointless to say something doesn't exist when a) It does and b) No-one's seen the point where it probably does exist.
Lieutenant
# 6
12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Cryptic will probably just release higher tiers (t6,t7) with new fleet ships/mk 13/mk14 equipment for you to use your marks on. They will also probably add a new sub-project like the embassy as well. Rest assured there will be new things to use your marks on next season.
Captain
# 7
12-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthesnow View Post
Cryptic will probably just release higher tiers (t6,t7) with new fleet ships/mk 13/mk14 equipment for you to use your marks on. They will also probably add a new sub-project like the embassy as well. Rest assured there will be new things to use your marks on next season.
Have to agree. Is this even an issue for anyone yet? Have any fleets completed their starbases and embassies? I'm guessing right around the time an average fleet should, they'll be new content with new starbase or embassy additions.
Captain
# 8
12-30-2012, 02:45 AM
You could always sell them to fleets that are not as far progressed as yours as well but it is not supported and rely s upon trust.
Captain
# 9
12-30-2012, 02:59 AM
First of all, there are NO fleets out there that are a full Tier 5 across the board. Some of them could be Teir 5 in the shipyard, at the expense of everything else. Also, the embassy popped six weeks ago and needs alot of fleet marks to level. As hypl mentioned, you need fleet marks to stock provisions.

I also very much doubt that with the recent success of the Fleet Mark ideas that we will see the end of fleet holdings anytime soon.
Captain
# 10
12-30-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
I hadn't thought of this before but what does Cryptic plan on doing with the Fleet Mark system. I noticed a problem because once Fleet Starbases and the Fleet Embassy become completed, Fleet Marks become useless and a potential problem.

I'm curious if Cryptic plans on improving the Fleet Mark system so that when a Fleet Starbase is completed that there will be an opportunity to continue to exchange earned Fleet Marks at the same exchange rate. Otherwise, it becomes a limited currency in-game system that will become worthless to those players with Completed Starbases.
It's not really a problem. I get the impression that every season they will either add a new fleet holding to apply marks to, or add new assets to obtain for existing fleet holdings that have already achieved Tier-5

It's why I'm not in any particular hurry with any of my own reputation/holding advancement. If i take my time and not try to race to the end of it, I'll never run out of optional content. It only becomes a grindfest if I treat it like something I absolutely HAVE to do RIGHT NOW.
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.