Career Officer
I recently unlocked Tier 5 and acquired all 3 Adapted Pieces and Custom Unlock 4 for both the Federation and Klingon sets.

With the MACO Adapted look, I am very disappointed.

The Adapted gun, doesn't look like a Grenade Launcher, but like we are holding a milk carton. The Helmet doesn't give us what people wanted, a smaller combat visor thats similar to the Omega helmet. And the Wrist consoles remind me of Mega Man (video game) and I'm shooting blasters from my wrists. In fact, the shoulders are more like Samus's armor from the Metroid games. And of course the lack of lights (well outside of the boots).

All in all, the old Elite Set still looks better for the MACO look.

With the Honor Guard set, it goes in the other direction, where I LOVE IT!

The Adapted Honor Guard gun, actually looks like a sniper rifle and still retains a Klingon feel. The Armor pieces, mesh well with the other two sets, like they were added so players could go with the armored look or the decorative armor look.

But because of Tailor bugs, I couldn't see the helmet (the option was not available). So I'll have to wait for a fix to be implemented.

Also, be nice if the Tailor doesn't change your outfit to default everytime you go to edit your STF Sets. You tend to loose settings and have to redo them, then save it. Which tends to be annoying. Hopefully that bug gets fixed as well.

EDIT: Just noticed that with the MACO Adapted, the Guns are clipping inside the character.

Honor Guard Adapted:

HG Adapted 1
HG Adapted 2
HG Adapted 3
HG Adapted 4

MACO Adapted:

MACO Adapted 1
MACO Adapted 2
MACO Adapted 3
MACO Adapted 4

Here is Screenshots of the MACO Adapted in the Dark (showing the lights):

MACO Adapted Lights 1
MACO Adapted Lights 2

Last edited by azurianstar; 12-29-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
12-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Screenshots, please!
Captain
# 3
12-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Yes please Azurian, screens would be nice if you had them.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 4
12-28-2012, 08:20 AM
I agree, the adapted MACO costume is very disappointing. The older elite costume still looks the best.

I also unlocked the adapted KHG costume and thought it looked very cool. Very disappointed about the helmet missing at the tailor. I put the armor on and enabled the visuals to get a look at the helmet and I think it is probably the best looking in game.

As a side note I noticed when S7 began on my Klingon KHG set I lost one of the helmet options. I don't remember what the specific names were at the tailor. Just that there was a standard helmet for the set, an elite, and a bonus helmet type, which disappeared. I thought maybe they moved the bonus helmet type to the adapted set, but the adapted armor reveals a forth helmet type. I hope when they fix the tailor all the helmets are available.

KHG adapted armor visuals http://i48.tinypic.com/whifk8.jpg

Last edited by walkincrow; 12-28-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
12-28-2012, 08:27 AM
I hate the Adapted MACO as a whole but the collar, chest and belt (MACO Striker) I think goes well with the rest of the costume being the elite optional unlocks (MACO Operational).

I don't get my KHG Adapted for a few hours yet, but I too have lost helmet options, and since it's almost a year and "their best men" still struggle with the marauding boff costume issue, I'll give them maybe 6 months to fix KHG helmets.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Commander
# 6
12-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkincrow View Post

Are these all the pieces? Because fur, chest and belt buckle look exactly like the regular KHG Costume. And that would be kinda disappointing as I was hoping for a different direction similar to how the elite variant had a totally different feel while still retaining the "Skyrim meets 25th century" idea.

Also: Is it working as intended that the Adapted MACO pulsewave gun does phaser damage? Since the sniper rifle already does that, combining both weapons would be pointless.
On KDF side, you can combine both weapons as they do different types of damage.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspidey2 View Post
Also: Is it working as intended that the Adapted MACO pulsewave gun does phaser damage? Since the sniper rifle already does that, combining both weapons would be pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The damage types should correspond to the FX. They will be fixed to match up.

Adapted KHG = Disruptor
Adapted MACO = Phaser
Feds get phasers, KDF gets disruptors. Faction specific weapon types.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Commander
# 8
12-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Well, crap. Going back to my trusted Tetryon Sniper, then...
Career Officer
# 9
12-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspidey2 View Post
Are these all the pieces? Because fur, chest and belt buckle look exactly like the regular KHG Costume. And that would be kinda disappointing as I was hoping for a different direction similar to how the elite variant had a totally different feel while still retaining the "Skyrim meets 25th century" idea.

The pic is of the enabled armor visuals, as of right now that is the only way to see the helmet. If you visit the tailor the the rest of the costume pieces shown are what is available. The belt is pretty much the same and the chest piece is similar to the standard costume. The other armor pieces are all different and look better IMO.

As for the adapted rifle, it is shooting green lasers. Like defalus said, I believe it is intended to be a disruptor weapon. I can't say if it is actually currently using the disruptor proc because the in game descriptions are all currently written for a phaser weapon.
Career Officer
# 10
12-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkincrow View Post
There's a very Darth Vader-y feel to it, if Vader wore furs that is.