Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,496
# 11
12-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
"Dstahl: It is an escort, has massive guns, is a new model based on an older design, it has a custom bridge, and is not coming out in January as I had originally thought. It will be in the first half of 2013, though."
Key word there; based.

I swear they said the same about the Vulcan ship when released, in that it'll be based on the ENT-style. Turned out to be the ENT-style with a 25th Century Refit. I wouldn't hold out hope that the Andorian ship will be exactly the same.

It makes sense, if you're going to do the Vulcan ship from the 22nd Century, you might as well do the Andorian one (though how it's taken this long I'll never know). They should have started with fresh designs for the Vulcan ship. I guess the guys that draw the concept art were feeling lazy that day.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,695
# 12
12-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
It will doubtless look as much like that as the D'Kyr looks like the Vulcan ships from Enterprise.
Well, according to its description the D'Kyr IS the class of Vulcan ship from Enterprise. And it brought lots of people to the forums expressing their disbelief that a ship 100 years older than the Constitution is at T5, so that quote from dstahl gave me the impression that they don't want to repeat that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
here is a John Eaves Concept that he made for Perpetual, "andorian vessel small"

hmm maybe?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1076902...20742495867026
That would be great.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,502
# 13
12-30-2012, 02:04 PM
looking a bit longer at that concept.... i have to say it doesn't look bad, but it looks too much like a Klingon Raptor
i don't really want to fly a Raptor with just a silver skin.

personally i'd rather have a ENT replica Ship from the TV Show.

...oh and the D'Kyr, it may be an old ship, but it was technologically lightyears ahead to the NX-01 and probably could stand up to a Galaxy Class Ship after a few shield + weaponry refits over the years. I don't really have a problem with that one, but i still think the Vulcans would have build a few newer Ships anyway, not that we've ever seen one in TNG/DS9/VOY.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 14
12-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
looking a bit longer at that concept.... i have to say it doesn't look bad, but it looks too much like a Klingon Raptor
i don't really want to fly a Raptor with just a silver skin.

personally i'd rather have a ENT replica Ship from the TV Show.

...oh and the D'Kyr, it may be an old ship, but it was technologically lightyears ahead to the NX-01 and probably could stand up to a Galaxy Class Ship after a few shield + weaponry refits over the years. I don't really have a problem with that one, but i still think the Vulcans would have build a few newer Ships anyway, not that we've ever seen one in TNG/DS9/VOY.
Whatcha got against the Raptors?! They're badass. . .
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 15
12-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
I don't really have a problem with that one, but i still think the Vulcans would have build a few newer Ships anyway, not that we've ever seen one in TNG/DS9/VOY.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Apollo_class
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,695
# 16
12-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
...oh and the D'Kyr, it may be an old ship, but it was technologically lightyears ahead to the NX-01 and probably could stand up to a Galaxy Class Ship after a few shield + weaponry refits over the years. I don't really have a problem with that one, but i still think the Vulcans would have build a few newer Ships anyway, not that we've ever seen one in TNG/DS9/VOY.
It was technologically light years ahead of the NX. But the TOS Constitution was light years ahead of the D'Kyr.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
# 17
12-30-2012, 04:52 PM
My only question is [since this related to A TNG Comic I saw and relating to a 50th aniversery]: will the Doctor Be making an apperance in the game [PLEASE DONT KILL ME]
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,103
# 18
12-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokaired2 View Post
My only question is [since this related to A TNG Comic I saw and relating to a 50th aniversery]: will the Doctor Be making an apperance in the game [PLEASE DONT KILL ME]
We're talking about the 3rd Anniversary of this game, not the 50th Anniversary of the franchise. As for the Doctor? No idea. There's a rumor we might be getting Denise Crosby for a mission or two, but no word on anyone else. Actors are expensive, and the likenesses are a copyright nightmare.

Is it a possibility? Yes.

But don't hold your breath.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
# 19
12-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
We're talking about the 3rd Anniversary of this game, not the 50th Anniversary of the franchise. As for the Doctor? No idea. There's a rumor we might be getting Denise Crosby for a mission or two, but no word on anyone else. Actors are expensive, and the likenesses are a copyright nightmare.

Is it a possibility? Yes.

But don't hold your breath.

I'm not. I just like asking questions
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,103
# 20
12-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokaired2 View Post
I'm not. I just like asking questions
And that is okay.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 PM.