Captain
First off, lovely map. Could be bigger, but whatever, it's not supposed to be a new adventure zone.

Snowball battles and ice-skating (or just sliding) is great as well. Certainly adds to the relaxing holiday atmosphere.

Now onto the missions present in there: All 3 are amusing, fast paced. When the PvP race is "adjusted" to reward all who should be rewarded and to disqualify for the shortcut, I'll have nothing to object to.

And here comes the catch, after spending about 30 mins in the Winter Wonderland, you have nothing more to do. You probably lived through one snowman apocalypse, you won a race against the NPC (thus completing the daily/getting 40 photos) and raced against other players (I'll assume you got the 6 tags necessary for an Epohh, since, unless subject to bugs, can find an underpopulated instance and place well in the race).

Now there's nothing more to do on the NPC racetrack, and you got all Epohh tags you can use for the day. The only thing left to do is digging in the snow for commodities while waiting for another snowman attack. That gets your finger and the F key in trouble.

Why not adding some little repeatable missions rewarding as little as 1, 2 or 3 commodities to do in between the main event of the map? What about building igloos? Tracking the few wild animals in there? Actually, what about the snowman "regiment" hidden in a valley? I'm sure you could think of many amusing anecdotes set in this map.

Also, I'm not sure if it's possible to race "privately" against another player (or the whole team you're part of), off the regular race times. Could be fun challenges as well, on both tracks.

All these changes could make the Winter Wonderland a pleasant place to stay in and have fun. Off course, if having players stay there for prolonged periods of time was not your intention, just ignore this post. If not, think of these or similar ideas for the years to come (I doubt you could add anything in time, unless it's been created already, but not yet added in).

Thanks for reading and happy playing. (too soon for anything like "happy holidays",...)
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Commander
# 2
12-07-2012, 08:39 AM
I'd like it if you could rerun the personal race on a shorter timer for different commodities. Say, a 30-minute timer with the reward being a bucket of random winter commodities, much like the Snowman Attack.

Also, it'd be nice to have some other big group minigames, sort of like you get in the NR Adventure Zone.

Run around searching for presents to turn in to Q?
Bat'leth challenge against a Snowman Warrior?
Cocoa and Cookies Dabo?
Captain
# 3
12-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Snow machine races.

KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 4
12-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
And here comes the catch, after spending about 30 mins in the Winter Wonderland, you have nothing more to do.

Maybe you should stop buying holiday bundles and search ornamets in snow piles or wait few minutes for the next snowball fight....short ,playing the game.If you buy the rewards of course you have nothing to do.
Captain
# 5
12-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Maybe you should stop buying holiday bundles and search ornamets in snow piles or wait few minutes for the next snowball fight....short ,playing the game.If you buy the rewards of course you have nothing to do.
Not sure I get your post, personnaly I don't buy rewards, I save my dil for ships.

And to others, yes, little missions that can be done in 5 or 10 mins are what is missing, in my opinion. Just something else to do (and be modestly rewarded for) instead of just pressing F, F, F, ...

Captain
# 6
12-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Not sure I get your post, personnaly I don't buy rewards, I save my dil for ships.
after snowbal fight you get some ornamets .With them you can buy rewards .After I do the race with all my toons I move to main and play pvp races and snowball fights .I even stopped going to for dilithium because of that....its fun and there are never enough ornamets.Try to set a goal (like buying all winter rewards) then you will see how many things to do are there

P.S.Dont forget ,from time to time go on esd and hit people with snowballs
Career Officer
# 7
12-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Good comments, but I don't think it was intentioned for you to spend all day there. There's two races and a snowman event. Cryptic "kept it simple" and that's laudable.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Captain
# 8
12-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
after snowbal fight you get some ornamets .With them you can buy rewards .
That's what I'm saying, the snowball fights are the only reason to remain on the map, but you have to wait 25 mins for the next one.

Quote:
After I do the race with all my toons I move to main and play pvp races and snowball fights .I even stopped going to for dilithium because of that....its fun and there are never enough ornamets.Try to set a goal (like buying all winter rewards) then you will see how many things to do are there

P.S.Dont forget ,from time to time go on esd and hit people with snowballs
There's a lot of time in between PvP races, and no real reason to running more than 1 to 2 a day.

Adding little missions that reward the winter commodities will help you with that goal of getting the winter rewards (note, already got most of what i wanted in the last day, so...).

I just want to extend to map to a real winter "playground" you don't want to leave and go home. Now there are empty "spots" when you have nothing better to do than digging in snow.

Captain
# 9
12-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Good comments, but I don't think it was intentioned for you to spend all day there. There's two races and a snowman event. Cryptic "kept it simple" and that's laudable.
Yes, if it is intentionally simple, I agree it should stay the way it is (hence the line about ignoring the original post ). I was just thinking maybe it could become a "better Winter Wonderland of a Thousand Miracles".

Ensign
# 10
12-07-2012, 09:41 AM
How about 'Snow Win Scenario'? You have to defend the gazebo against increasing waves of snowmen.