# 181
01-07-2013, 01:19 PM
it is RA not a VA ship
Rihannsu
# 182
01-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meefee5 View Post
I know it's not the usual setup, but i'm running beams, wide angle quan, and a quan mine on my breen ship for my engie. Works out awesome, can always broadside and torp mobs and then use my jemmy officer for both beta dispersal pattern 3 and torp spread 3.
Have tried Tricobalt? Hehe.... dump a tric DPB3 on top of a Borg cube.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 183
01-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
Don't forget the P-47 combat dictum, "When in doubt, DIVE, nothing out-dives a 'Jug'".
Very true!

P-47s rocked at doing strafing runs! Tight turning? not so much... After a while a lot of the pilots ocncluded that it was SAFER to crash land than eject.... Hehe.... The cockpit was so heavily armored that it was like having a roll-cage built into the aircraft.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 184
01-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Have tried Tricobalt? Hehe.... dump a tric DPB3 on top of a Borg cube.
I think this ship was designed to be a tricobalt mine bomber...

Just having too much fun to give it a try yet!
Rihannsu
# 185
01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbypwr View Post
I think this ship was designed to be a tricobalt mine bomber...

Just having too much fun to give it a try yet!
It does that soooo well doesn't it?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 186
01-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
I tried it as a cannon ship and it's horrible!

Everything just dies so fast!

Now I'm trying it out as a torp boat, and things are still dying. Darn it!
I found that removing all but one forward and one aft weapon and replacing both with mk I plasma turrets solves this issue. Also not using BOff abilities and removing all active space DOffs. Hope you can fix your ship as well
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 187
01-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Man this ship sucks. I kill everything that comes at me and I'm not getting killed. Ever. What a load of crap Cryptic. Fix this now. I feel sorry for you players that bought this ship beacuse now you wont get killed anymore and you'll be able to Run Elite STF's and actually contribute. Your fun days of running your Rainbow Odysees and Failing Cure space over and over are gone and its all this Crappy ships fault.
Rihannsu
# 188
01-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
Man this ship sucks. I kill everything that comes at me and I'm not getting killed. Ever. What a load of crap Cryptic. Fix this now. I feel sorry for you players that bought this ship beacuse now you wont get killed anymore and you'll be able to Run Elite STF's and actually contribute. Your fun days of running your Rainbow Odysees and Failing Cure space over and over are gone and its all this Crappy ships fault.
Lol.... Fear the Rainbow! :p

Hehe.... not all rainbow Oddys suck. :p
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Commander
# 189
01-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrelentless View Post
So after collecting the 1000 photos I needed to get this ship I take it out for a spin with the best of the best that I have (antiproton cannons, the Maco MKXII set, tricobalt device (antiborg) MK XII Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedoes MK XI, Neutronium Plating X 3 granting 50% resistance against both kinetic and energy weapon damage, etc etc) I go into a standard STF with my stations set, play like I normally would and I die in the first five seconds without reason. One moment I'm at full health the second I'm down to 3% and I've been hit once. Power distribution dropped. In the same STF I died 8 times with this ship where with the Vesta or even the mirror universe Recon-Science ship I'd maybe die once normally.

This ship is supposed to be on par with the Dreadnaught for the most part according to the website yet it is HORRIBLY underpowered. I thought the Vesta was bad and no where near what they said it was but this ship is utter uter Shista.

I'm not happy right now that they wasted my time and my resources for such a poorly designed "warship". Even the Galor warship lasts longer than this thing and it's hull is 3000 points lower than the Ghet warship.

And now that I've been reading about the kinetic 360 weapon I'm debating quitting this game all over again. The developers are purposefully under powering weapons and ships for supposed game balance which is truly stupid.
I just faced off against a klink using this ship with a power drain set up including aceton. I was a defenseless, sitting duck the entire time until I decided to leave for bed, because the ship was used correctly, and because bed seemed better than wasting my time against a foe that was impossible to beat when I never have any ship power to do anything. Is that good enough for you? It can replicate the success the breen had in the DS9 show where the feds were all like omfg run away.

Yeah, this ship is anything but underpowered when used right. See this is the problem here. People get all big eyed at some of the perks this ship has but fail to realize it's biggest strength is a power drain setup. And it's a nasty assed setup to use. It might not be all guns 'n glory, be all end all ship that you want but if used right it's damn near overpowered. I stop short of saying it is overpowered so I don't sound like one of THOSE people, but it's definitely going to get some complaint threads soon. I don't feel cryptic should touch it. But they should give the feds aceton too to even the odds ;o
Captain
# 190
01-08-2013, 02:01 AM
The Grett is a godsend to those feds who play sci-orientated ships, at least in my opinion - I can keep my sci abilities (GW, tractor, ect) yet now I have more dps due to dhc capability (with an rcs boosted turn to use them) and an extra weapon slot, making playing a sci-orientated build less of a problem regarding the fact sto is geared more towards dps than any other factor (I'll ignore the vesta as I refuse to fork out absurd amounts of cash/grind for a mary sue ship)

I personally would have liked a higher shield modifier but beyond that, its an excellent free ship that has given scis a new lease of life