Captain
On outdoor ground maps, I have the option to set y relative to "legacy terrain" and "legacy geometry."

What do they do? What does "Legacy" mean both in relation to this and in relation to npc "legacy" options?

Last edited by kirksplat; 12-30-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
12-30-2012, 05:52 PM
I've tinkered with it.... and I haven't managed to see a difference.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Career Officer
# 3
12-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Legacy in programming context means the old code. Apparently the code calculating height relative to terrain/geometry has been changed somehow. The legacy versions are left in there to avoid breaking missions that used the old versions. Probably the change is very small, but maybe there is a small chance it could end up breaking missions anyway.

I have noticed that the legacy contact and legacy combat behavior seems to work more consistently. However, for the height settings, I'd probably just use the new versions.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 4
12-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Legacy in programming context means the old code. Apparently the code calculating height relative to terrain/geometry has been changed somehow. The legacy versions are left in there to avoid breaking missions that used the old versions. Probably the change is very small, but maybe there is a small chance it could end up breaking missions anyway.

I have noticed that the legacy contact and legacy combat behavior seems to work more consistently. However, for the height settings, I'd probably just use the new versions.
OK thanks Nagorak. So having these new options didn't add any new functionality, but maybe there is some mysterious new functionality in the now standard terrain and absolute zero, etc.