Lieutenant
I'm play testing out my mission. Often starting all the way from the beginning, but sometimes I choose to start off at specific spawn on a specific map. Space part of the mission works just fine. But as the mission moves indoors, that's the problem. It seems to me that the away team find a way to walk off the map, as well as the hostile targets Anyways, I also have them set on patrol. When I walk up to them they don't attack unless I attack first, even if I am close to them. Aren't they suppose to attack when they see us? Is this a bug due to how I have done my map or is this a general thing that occurs when play testing them outside the servers?
Primary Character: Ramin
Ship: U.S.S. Versailles (Assault Cruiser: Strategic Ops/Support)
Specialty: Tactical, long range/assault
Rihannsu
# 2
12-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Hehe... this is a bug related to preview mode. lack of pathing data apparently causes this.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 3
12-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Due to these bugs, it's impossible to actually test our missions. Even without the bugs, the post-publish play experience is different.

Testing in the foundry is now basically: "Is that thing where you wanted to put it?" Everything else is unreliable.
Lieutenant
# 4
12-31-2012, 12:05 AM
Ok. This is what I thought. Yeah, so basically the only way to properly test is complete a rough draft of it and publish? This seems to be an unefficient way of doing it.So, my question then would be placing a turbolift in an otherwise completely closed off wall work? Cause when I did it to where it looked right, the walls of the map cut through the lift, so when I tried to exit, I was trapped in by the wall. Cryptic should just mimic the live server so that we can properly test a mission for bugs...
Captain
# 5
12-31-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlonghorn View Post
Ok. This is what I thought. Yeah, so basically the only way to properly test is complete a rough draft of it and publish? This seems to be an unefficient way of doing it.So, my question then would be placing a turbolift in an otherwise completely closed off wall work? Cause when I did it to where it looked right, the walls of the map cut through the lift, so when I tried to exit, I was trapped in by the wall. Cryptic should just mimic the live server so that we can properly test a mission for bugs...
You can't walk through a wall. The turbolift prop can't be closed off by a wall, unless you make the wall appear and disappear with triggers.
Lieutenant
# 6
12-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
You can't walk through a wall. The turbolift prop can't be closed off by a wall, unless you make the wall appear and disappear with triggers.
Well, it isn't a propped wall. It's the generic wall provided by the map. But I suppose we'll have to see what happens when I put the mission live. If its the pathing issue or something else related to the preview server than it will probably not be an issue on the live server.

Anyways, this is what I'm refering to.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...pse295b58e.jpg
Captain
# 7
12-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlonghorn View Post
Well, it isn't a propped wall. It's the generic wall provided by the map. But I suppose we'll have to see what happens when I put the mission live. If its the pathing issue or something else related to the preview server than it will probably not be an issue on the live server.

Anyways, this is what I'm refering to.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...pse295b58e.jpg
If I understand what you're trying to do, it seems impossible. You can't tunnel through a premade wall of a an interior map. You're putting a door that opens to a wall. If the turbolift part of the prop is behind that wall in black space, the player can't enter it.

Or if somehow you are getting the spawn point behind the wall, they player can't just walk through the premade wall because the door of the turbolift prop is on the other side.

If it works, that would be an awesome find, though.
Rihannsu
# 8
12-31-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm pretty sure it won't work. If you're inside/behind a wall you can't see the wall any more, but you can't walk through it either.....

Geometry in STO can only be seen from the outside, but it's still impassable whether you can see it or not.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 9
12-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I'm pretty sure it won't work. If you're inside/behind a wall you can't see the wall any more, but you can't walk through it either.....

Geometry in STO can only be seen from the outside, but it's still impassable whether you can see it or not.
Yes, that must be it. He's on the other side of the wall looking through the texture So it looks like nothing is there.
Captain
# 10
12-31-2012, 02:28 PM
There is a great deal of functionality "drift" between the foundry itself and the live game. More than a few times I've spent a day or more getting some neat trick to work perfectly in the Foundry only to realize that it is totally unviable once published.