Lieutenant
# 1 List of Wishes for 2013
12-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Star Trek Online has made great steps sin the F2P lauch, date when many people join this comunity for the very first time. Now 2013 seems to be the year for Star Trek Online make more big improvements, until it become one of the best online games ever.

As representative of the Spanish Fleet, we'd like to bring here some ideas and wishes to this new year 2013.

1. Full KDF Faction

Any MMO needs at least two factions, and we think that this game cannot wait any more time to develop a full KDF faction. Or merge both factions, and create then another second faction -Dominion themed, or Romulan, or whatever-, but let the player the choice for joining the faction they like from the beginning. Since any MMORPG is based on choices mainly, this game is still uncompleted until we can choice a faction from the beginning.

2. PVP

Playing online means essentially PVP. More accurate is this affirmation when we talk about an MMO. We wish 2013 to be the year that actual PVP is introduced in Star Trek Online. That means mainly:

-Open cross-faction PVP and related to the story of the game.
-Fleet Starbase PVP Sieges.

3. Launch for Americas and Spanish localization

One of the best MMO's of all time deserves to be shared in the second language of Occident, and the huge Star Trek fanbase of Spain and all Americas deserves the opportunity to know and enjoy this game that keeps alive the Star Trek IP and story.

Considering that already we have lots of big and great spanish and latin fleets here, being a minoritary community here, imagine what it could be with hundreds of thousands of new players from Spain and Americas!

Don't waste the oppotunity this 2013.

Thank you, Cryptic, for this amazing year, the fabulous Winter Event, and best wishes for this 2013!!

Flota Hispana
Spanish Fleet

www.flotahispana.com
http://flotahispana.com/imagenes/fhlogoforo.png

Siguenos en: Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Captain
# 2
12-31-2012, 04:57 AM
Agreed - localisation into Castilian would be a no-brainer really.
Career Officer
# 3
12-31-2012, 06:54 AM
My one big wish...

A Separate Place/Bank to store all my Tribbles & Pets.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Career Officer
# 4
12-31-2012, 06:55 AM
A fix to my hair beaming up before my body.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 5
12-31-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
A fix to my hair beaming up before my body.
Trying hard not to imagine the episode of a transporter accident (and the resulting mayhem), in which your Sheared Body shows up five minutes later...

"This Side of Depilated Madness"

"For Whom the Glabrescent Toils"

"The Shorn Conspiracy"

"Turnabout Barber"

"The Wrath of Picard"

"The Shearer Within"

... my imagination won.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 12-31-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Lieutenant
# 6
12-31-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm onboard with more KDF faction, but I'm not into pvp.. at all. As for localization, the more the merrier.

I'd like to see more hairstyle and facial hair options, and more playable races to choose from that are non-premium.
Captain
# 7
12-31-2012, 07:26 AM
I would like to see nothing really new added.

Instead, I'd like to see the devs polish, fix, and finish everything that they've already put into the game, from the bugged Romulan missions of S1 to the bug-filled mess that is called the Foundry. Maybe they could finally put duals on Andorian, or at the very least, delete a few dialogues there.

If there is any big push for new content, it should be aimed at adding the content that Cryptic hoped to have in the game at launch. So, maybe add KDF, since that was an original goal of creating a two faction game. Or, maybe try to give this game something like a functional and fun PVP, since that was also a goal at launch.

Hey, even some kdf-style icons for impulse engines, etc. would be an improvement that adds some element of polish.

The game is three years old and doesn't meet some of the goals for the original launch of the game.

Season 8: Critical Care

Last edited by kirksplat; 12-31-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Lieutenant
# 8
12-31-2012, 10:22 AM
The one thing I really want is to be able to right-click on someone else's ship and see a complete listing of what weapons, consoles, equipment and shields, and BO powers they're using. It would help to explain why someone with the same ship as I have can tank for hours without dying but why other people explode with one hit.
Career Officer
# 9
12-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
The one thing I really want is to be able to right-click on someone else's ship and see a complete listing of what weapons, consoles, equipment and shields, and BO powers they're using. It would help to explain why someone with the same ship as I have can tank for hours without dying but why other people explode with one hit.
Though that does sound sweet - this would kill any PVP edge, just pick the weak point of your opponent and kill them in seconds. Of course, if there is an option to HIDE these from others, then I'm all for it. Would make getting help with your build much easier also...
Captain
# 10
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Well if we can wish for languages too:

I want:
  • Branching Stories with diffrent outcomes, and diffrent following missions, based on past decisions
  • Danish Translations, because Europe is significantly more contries than France and Germany (not that I'd actually use it)
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos