Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay > PvP Boot Camp
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
# 11
01-07-2013, 04:32 AM
I've only just started to play STO after the first boot camp, so I missed out on some good info it seems.

Is there a thread with the topics explained so I could catch up?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 12
01-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voradore7637 View Post
I've only just started to play STO after the first boot camp, so I missed out on some good info it seems.

Is there a thread with the topics explained so I could catch up?
Each Stage in the curriculum (A-D) is covered at our monthly events. However, we will also run makeup sessions for those who missed previously covered stages. For example, we will have 1-2 coaches on hand at the event on Jan 26th to go over Stage A material, which you missed.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
# 13
01-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Each Stage in the curriculum (A-D) is covered at our monthly events. However, we will also run makeup sessions for those who missed previously covered stages. For example, we will have 1-2 coaches on hand at the event on Jan 26th to go over Stage A material, which you missed.
Thanks very much i'll look into that.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 12
# 14
01-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Do we have to re-register every month? I participated in the first bootcamp but see another registry thread for January. I was in classroom 8 with Buffy and Deadpool.

I also wondered, would we try to have the same teachers and classmates?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 15
01-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trafaalga View Post
I also wondered, would we try to have the same teachers and classmates?
Yeah, I rather enjoyed my last set of classmates. They behaved and were easy to heal XD.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
# 16
01-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Obviously everyone has room to learn whether it's your first day in the game or 301st day. However, would someone like me, who isn't new to the game and isn't terrible in PvP, benefit from this boot camp? I would simply like to improve my skill but some of this feels like old news. Although, i feel i could benefit from the third session and parts of the second session. I only just discovered this boot camp by skimming through the news archives so its too late for me to sign-up for the first two sessions.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 476
# 17
01-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralhacket117 View Post
Obviously everyone has room to learn whether it's your first day in the game or 301st day. However, would someone like me, who isn't new to the game and isn't terrible in PvP, benefit from this boot camp? I would simply like to improve my skill but some of this feels like old news. Although, i feel i could benefit from the third session and parts of the second session. I only just discovered this boot camp by skimming through the news archives so its too late for me to sign-up for the first two sessions.
I would say each event benefits everyone that comes to it. If nothing else you get perspective from a variety of players from several PVP oriented fleets. Not to mention, nobody knows everything so each sessions holds the promise of teaching you something you didn't know. You also get to pvp, meet new friends, and generally have fun. It's also a free forum to ask questions without risking any 'noob!' comments which can be frequent in the general forum.

Anyway that's my perspective of it. Each event so far, I've learned something I didn't know or something triggered a 'hmm I should test this or that.'

Cheers!


Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralhacket117 View Post
I only just discovered this boot camp by skimming through the news archives so its too late for me to sign-up for the first two sessions
Sargon would know better on the sign-up as far as cryptic goes. However, there are makeup sessions each month so it shouldn't be too late to get into the first two sessions at the end of the month.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo

Last edited by xtremenoob1; 01-15-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,333
# 18
01-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Stage D: Evaluation and Graduation

1. Knowledge Component
2. Combat Competency Test
I know this is two months away still, but I'd just like to ask what exactly is planned here? If this is still in flux as to the specifics, I'd like to then ask if I might help with it.

Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
# 19
02-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorvalentine View Post
Hi! How long is one session?
This is a great idea as soon as I have time I plan to look into this.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:27 PM.