Lt. Commander
# 1 Dreadnought Buff...
12-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Can we possibly get a buff to the Dreadnought-cruiser (Galaxy X)? The thing has been a "novelty item" for wayyy to long now. All other cruisers in its tier have 10 consoles, while the Dreadnought is stuck with 9. Any chance we can get a 10th console slot? or at least a lieuteant-commander tactical boff slot? anything?

Or at least a fleet version?

I'd really like to see the Dreadnought become a viable ship again; it was once the best cruiser in the game, I hope someday it can be again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't have this ship but looking at the stats I agree it is a little lacking.

http://www.stowiki.org/Federation_Dreadnought_Cruiser

I think a tenth console (either Engineer or Science) and a turn rate of 7 to compliment the spinal lance a little is certainly called for.

Side note, this prolly belongs in the Federation Shipyards I assume it will get moved there shortly.
Captain
# 3
12-30-2012, 08:14 PM
I have been begging for a Fleet Variant for months now.... I even have a fleet module for it already.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 4
12-31-2012, 02:19 AM
Considering the poor shape the current variant is in, making a Fleet Version would be a mondo kick in the teeth to those who bought the Galaxy-X and aren't currently in a fleet. On top of that, it would most likely be a Tier IV or V Fleet ship.

I'd rather see the G-X get a straight-up buff. A LtCmdr Tac Boff and a 4th Tac Console slot or a 3rd Sci Console slot would do the trick.
Lieutenant
# 5
12-31-2012, 02:25 AM
All Dreadnoughts from both factions could use a second shield slot or at least a further boost to shields. Wouldn't make them the best ship out there still but it'd make them more like a dreadnought.

At the moment they have about 50% the shield strength of most ships, as the turn rate is that low.

If you make it a boost across the board nobody can cry fowl there.

Last edited by paareth; 12-31-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
12-31-2012, 03:04 AM
I believe it was in the Typhoon thread that it was hinted that Tier 6 / Fleet Admiral might have Dreadnaughts as standard ships.

So if that's true, I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy-X got an upgrade to the new standards.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 7
12-31-2012, 06:44 AM
I totally agree!
The Dreaddy needs an upgrade. I have been posting about this for months now.
again:
Please, Crypric - Please!
Commander
# 8
12-31-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
Considering the poor shape the current variant is in, making a Fleet Version would be a mondo kick in the teeth to those who bought the Galaxy-X and aren't currently in a fleet. On top of that, it would most likely be a Tier IV or V Fleet ship.

I'd rather see the G-X get a straight-up buff. A LtCmdr Tac Boff and a 4th Tac Console slot or a 3rd Sci Console slot would do the trick.
The only way the ships Boff layout would change would be as a fleet ship, really what it needs is the boff/console layout from the excelsior, I can imagine that lance would be frightening with APO+APA running on it
Captain
# 9
12-31-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
Considering the poor shape the current variant is in, making a Fleet Version would be a mondo kick in the teeth to those who bought the Galaxy-X and aren't currently in a fleet.
The solution is to join a fleet. Don't like fleets? Tough, do it anyway. Or at least accept that you won't get the top-tier ships and gear.
Commander
# 10
12-31-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
The solution is to join a fleet. Don't like fleets? Tough, do it anyway. Or at least accept that you won't get the top-tier ships and gear.
Many fleets have more ship provisions than they do members, temporarily joining a fleet to exchange a agreed upon donation to projects(Dilithium or otherwise) for access to fleet stores/ships isn't uncommon