Captain
# 1 Borg STF random element idea.
06-16-2013, 07:46 AM
OK here's a suggestion.

During Borg STF's a random undine ship appears, size, number at random. Not every match say 1 in 5. It flies in and as enemies of both Borg and feds, start tearing every thing up.

From a couple of frigates to a battleship. Killing this additional intruder guarantees an extra end match team-wide reward on top of any rewards or bounuses anyway. Got to be quick though the intruder will only stick around for say 5 mins then it will warp out It could be destroyed by the Borg too. Or it could help you kill the Borg before attacking you.

Total random.

Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Hmm sounds interesting, but idk how players would take it having an Undine ship suddenly appear and take them out while they're being pounded by the borg xD
Captain
# 3
06-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Good Idea would be actually good but I think 5 mins is a bit long as a lot of STF's are finished within 10-15 mins and that is on Elite as well
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Captain
# 4
06-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxheart1 View Post
Hmm sounds interesting, but idk how players would take it having an Undine ship suddenly appear and take them out while they're being pounded by the borg xD
Thats half the fun isn't it, added spice to the mixture.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Captain
# 5
06-16-2013, 10:57 AM
it should be sent to take out leechers and afkers first that would scare the crap out of them
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
06-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
it should be sent to take out leechers and afkers first that would scare the crap out of them
could be worse.... all players killed by the undine could be ejected from the mission.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 7
06-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
OK here's a suggestion.

During Borg STF's a random undine ship appears, size, number at random. Not every match say 1 in 5. It flies in and as enemies of both Borg and feds, start tearing every thing up.

From a couple of frigates to a battleship. Killing this additional intruder guarantees an extra end match team-wide reward on top of any rewards or bounuses anyway. Got to be quick though the intruder will only stick around for say 5 mins then it will warp out It could be destroyed by the Borg too. Or it could help you kill the Borg before attacking you.

Total random.

I like the idea. Perhaps some additional marks as reward for their destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Have them spawn at the most commonly used hiding places (edge map and behind planet) and move towards ongoing arena. This way the undine will take out the afk/leeches first.
Career Officer
# 8
06-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Pugging is all the randomness I need. Yesterday I saw a team that actually split up during the start of Infected. 2 went after the left Borg cube like normal and two started destroying the probes on the right.... (I went after those on the right and tried to tell them to stop but was ignored.)
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.