Ensign
I was thinking a few nights ago about some of the movies/episodes where the crew is forced to disobey orders and strike out on their own. Search for Spock and Voyage Home, Insurrection... there are a lot more examples. I'd love to see a Foundry mission starting with this premise.

I would do it myself, but as I have learned from my attempts at poking around with Foundry creation, it's not something that I'm any good at. But if some talented author or authors wanted to pick up this premise, I think it could be a lot of fun. I'd love to collaborate on some story ideas if someone is interested, but more importantly, I'd love to play a mission like this whether I'm involved or if it's just someone picking up this idea and running with it.

There are a lot of options here. You could redress your character and BO's before starting so they appear to be in civilian clothes. Even though Cryptic doesn't allow off-duty for BO's the tailor has plenty of options that allow you to create things that don't look like uniforms. You could also have a portion of the mission take place as a starship heist reminiscent of Search for Spock.

Story-wise there are a ton of plot points that could set something like this in motion. Maybe a former CO of your Captain or a teacher from the Academy comes up missing and Starfleet denies your character the chance to lead a search and rescue mission. There are plenty of potential ways to tie this back into Cryptic missions (An archaeological dig creates a new twist on your Preservers discovery, but Starfleet Intelligence locks down the findings... this could almost turn into something like TNG's the chase, only you're racing Starfleet to find what they're trying to hide.)

Anyone else out there think something like this would be a cool change of pace from the standard format of always being an on-duty Starfleet Captain following orders?
Commander
# 2
03-23-2013, 02:23 PM
My Mission 'Beneath the Raptors Wing II' is a shout out to Star Trek III... however I still need to go back and edit it at somepoint, filter through the dialogue and such.

In it you steal your own ship to go after the Antagonist
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 3
03-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
My Mission 'Beneath the Raptors Wing II' is a shout out to Star Trek III... however I still need to go back and edit it at somepoint, filter through the dialogue and such.

In it you steal your own ship to go after the Antagonist
Oh, hey is the sequel out yet? I've been waiting since I played the first one. I still think you should have one though, your's was by far the best IMO.
Captain
# 4
03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
My upcoming release has disobeying orders and manuevering through the seedy side of the alpha quadrant as a plot point.
\/
\/
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 03-23-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Commander
# 5
03-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwashington View Post
Oh, hey is the sequel out yet? I've been waiting since I played the first one. I still think you should have one though, your's was by far the best IMO.
Cheers mate, yeah like I said its published now. Going to save Part three for the Romulan Factions Release lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Career Officer
# 6
03-26-2013, 12:53 PM
I have a few missions that might fit some of your criteria. They aren't exactly like Search for Spock or Insurrection (where would the fun be in that) but they do have elements of going "rogue" so to speak or doing something that might be frowned upon by Starfleet. I can't promise they're what you're looking for but you can have a look if you like.

Parts V and VI of my Once Upon A Time series have elements of this.

My series The Ambri Directorate (part I to III) isn't exactly your usual Starfleet sanctioned action.

However, the closest to what you're looking for in my missions would probably be part one of my Deianeira series Thicker Than Water.

I'm also working on something else that has a lot of these elements, but it might be a while before it's published.

There's a link to my thread in my sig, if you want more information about my missions. I hope you find what you're looking for. Happy Trekking.

-XA
Check out my Foundry Missions: Click Here!
Ensign
# 7
03-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. It looks like I have some missions to try out.
Commander
# 8
05-02-2013, 07:40 PM
I believe that there is a first partof a series called (correct me if I'm wrong) The Arrival. it focuses on an oncoming Iconian invasion. The Admiralty "silences" you by grounding you and your crew and impounding your ship! Then two other "silenced" admirals help you break it out of ESD! That's all I'll say!