Captain
The reason being that it's the last stop on the Scan Radiation daily, and it's the only one that gives 15% instead of 20%. Which is the only thing stopping players from completing the Scan Radiation and Sectrol Patrol missions at the same time.

And no, players, I don't especially consider this an exploit because the systems required by Scan Radiation daily are all the tedious 5-wave ones instead of the quick Acamar.
Career Officer
# 2
12-31-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
The reason being that it's the last stop on the Scan Radiation daily, and it's the only one that gives 15% instead of 20%. Which is the only thing stopping players from completing the Scan Radiation and Sectrol Patrol missions at the same time.

And no, players, I don't especially consider this an exploit because the systems required by Scan Radiation daily are all the tedious 5-wave ones instead of the quick Acamar.
Signed....

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 3
01-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Except that compared to the 5 wave missions, this one is piss easy. And doesn't take nearly as much effort. So no, I won't sign off on this, since it's only worth 15% and it's fine as is.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 4
01-01-2013, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Except that compared to the 5 wave missions, this one is piss easy. And doesn't take nearly as much effort. So no, I won't sign off on this, since it's only worth 15% and it's fine as is.
Personally I find Galorndon Core to be one of the most annoying patrols in the sector. Having to travel along at low impulse speeds to herd the Gekli is a right pain and waste of my ships time.

So I agree that it should give 20%, doing the radiation scan and patrol would be much better if the scan systems completed the patrol. Either that, or put Radiation satellites in all patrol systems and let us pick (as with the patrols) which satellites to use.

It'd also be nice if the Radiation scan would allow you to do it in a team. Most of the time my friends and I run the patrols together, then have to un-team and go back through them to do the Radiation mission.... that's a real pain in the back end.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
# 5
01-01-2013, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
They're ALL easy, honestly. Galorndon takes as much time as the 5-wave fights. (especially in a freaking carrier... chug chug chug chug), it's just a lot of flying around instead of a lot of tray mashing.

Or if you don't like the idea of making Galorndon give 20%, then move the last destination in scan radiation daily into one of the other systems that already do give 20%.
Captain
# 6
01-01-2013, 04:52 PM
I only ever go to Galorndon Core to pick up the radiation.

I warp in, completely ignore the Gekli, full impulse to the satellite, get the radiation samples, leave.

I don't see the point spending more time than necessary there if I need to go somewhere else anyway because I'd only be on 95% patrol completion.