Empire Veteran
# 11
01-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I personally don't care if it can mount DHC's or not. And 1 Hangar is fine.

A turn rate of 7 or 8 makes it perform on par with other cruisers, such as the Advanced Heavy Cruiser.

I changed the BO layout and I added approximations for crew and hull, so I wouldn't care if they added or removed a little bit there to make it balanced. Also I dropped the shield modifier down to a flat 1.0.
Without DHCs it's fine. But the BO layout isn't. You need at least one enseign, and such a ship doesn't need a LtCmdr tac, especially if you have pets. Lt Tac + ensign eng or sci would be better.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
01-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Without DHCs it's fine. But the BO layout isn't. You need at least one enseign, and such a ship doesn't need a LtCmdr tac, especially if you have pets. Lt Tac + ensign eng or sci would be better.
The Atrox doesn't have any ensigns. I actually borrowed this BO layout idea from the Atrox (different types, but same ranks).
Empire Veteran
# 13
01-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
The Atrox doesn't have any ensigns. I actually borrowed this BO layout idea from the Atrox (different types, but same ranks).
But an atrox has 6 weapon slots. And no ltcmdr tac. Your ship has 8 beams, and a ltcmdr would make this cruiser really superior to a galor or a d'kora with such a turnrate, pets and DPS. The uniqueness of the galor comes from its ability to use FAW III. Your ship could use FAW III AND pets at the same time (= torp spam). The galor would be utter garbage.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
But an atrox has 6 weapon slots. And no ltcmdr tac. Your ship has 8 beams, and a ltcmdr would make this cruiser really superior to a galor or a d'kora with such a turnrate, pets and DPS. The uniqueness of the galor comes from its ability to use FAW III. Your ship could use FAW III AND pets at the same time (= torp spam). The galor would be utter garbage.
I love this BO layout though but I can understand where you're coming from. I didn't notice it was so similar to the Galor until you mentioned it and I took a look.

Like virusdancer mentioned, it's probably going to be a tac/sci carrier anyway.

Post what you would like it to be. I'm probably way off the mark anyway, so tell me what you would like to see!