Ensign
# 1 Carrier Pets
01-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Anyone know if there's a compilation of carrier pet stats somewhere? I've already found what the STO wiki has (and another random thread here in the forums), but they're just basically a rehash of what you can already read in game. I was wondering if there was anything that listed rough DPS/HP of the various pets?

My KDF char uses the Vo'Quv and I'm loving using the B'Rotlh BoPs, but I'm wondering if the Orion Interceptors are any good and thus worth my time spending 1k Z on a lower Tier ship just to unlock them in the Dil store, or if maybe I'd like to grab the Kar'fi Battle Carrier for its pets....
Captain
# 2
01-05-2013, 08:37 AM
while the wiki is the only place i know of, i can at least tell you the orion interceptors are pretty handy...

(my preference.. Orion interceptor+slavers, you get the innate engine/wep drains + quantum mines littering the battle field, while still maintaining a chance to get contraband ) Plus there is the chance of disruptor burn procs
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-05-2013, 08:40 AM
If there isn't one on sto wiki it doesn't exist
Republic Veteran
# 4
01-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyofthefuga View Post
Anyone know if there's a compilation of carrier pet stats somewhere? I've already found what the STO wiki has (and another random thread here in the forums), but they're just basically a rehash of what you can already read in game. I was wondering if there was anything that listed rough DPS/HP of the various pets?

My KDF char uses the Vo'Quv and I'm loving using the B'Rotlh BoPs, but I'm wondering if the Orion Interceptors are any good and thus worth my time spending 1k Z on a lower Tier ship just to unlock them in the Dil store, or if maybe I'd like to grab the Kar'fi Battle Carrier for its pets....
I would say it depends on what your looking for fighters to do? Raw damage there isn't anything that will outdo the BoPs.
Captain
# 5
01-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I would say it depends on what your looking for fighters to do? Raw damage there isn't anything that will outdo the BoPs.
Depending on how they've setup the T5 science super rare hangars, there is the possibility for swarmed Peregrines/To'Duj to top BoPs.
Ensign
# 6
01-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks all for your replies.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for in my fighters at this point. Honestly, I think one of the reasons I'm loving the BoPs so much is because it's easier to keep track of them and know how many I have out there. Would really love it if the devs would include some kind of counter on the hanger icons indicating how many fighters are currently out there for that hanger so I'd know when I should relaunch....

But that aside, DPS is great, but I'd be willing to sacrifice some DPS for the ability to reduce how much damage the enemy can do to me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Right now, Hanger Pets are an annoyance to me as a pilot and most of my enemies appear to feel the same way....

There's other threads asking for it but we ABSOLUTELY need a 'pet' window or ANYTHING to tell how many critters we have out/alive/health/status. Never played any game of any genre with pets that was absent a feature like this. It makes flying my Vesta, a ship I adore, a frustrating experience.
Empire Veteran
# 8
01-05-2013, 10:03 PM
In terms of pure damage nothing that I've seen so far comes close to the Advance Bird of Prey.

Many have been raving about the T5 Ultra Rare Scorpion Fighters with their high yeld Plasma Torps; however, I'm still 13 days out from T5 Romulan Rep.

There's also the new Ultra Rare Bird of Prey that can be picked up in the Fleet System but you have to have a T5 Fleet to get them.

The ABOP have all of the things that I look for when choosing Hanger support craft:

Damage, Speed and Durability (they can hold argo).

The ABOP are outstanding in Elite PVE and they are hard to ignore in PVP.

When it comes to Carriers the KDF just has far superior options; however, the Ultra Rare Scorpion Fighters may just level the playing field.