Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
As the title says... What is common and uncommon drops doing in ELITE STF's.

Is common and uncommon items ELITE?

My belief is that 99% of the players that enters ELITE stf's have at least blue and/or purple XI gear.

So what the H*** is white and green X drops doing there???

Suggestion: Remove them.

Thoughts?
Captain
# 2
12-22-2012, 03:33 PM
With the removal of loot from the end of an STF and then re-adding just one drop at the end beyond the BNPs and Marks, I say keep them unless replaced with better drops. I like getting at least some EC from E-STFs. I'm getting nowhere near the EC I used to from STFs, and the other stuff like Tau Dewa hasn't been giving enough to off-set the loss of EC and the Reputation system is a huge drain on EC with its requirements of large amounts of Commodities.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
I'm getting nowhere near the EC I used to from STFs
Im getting more Dil and EC than ever.. but I think that EliteSTF's should drop blue or purple, and not X but XI or better. Maybe not as much.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Well thats an improvement

Drops at all are a bad idea

this will hopefully cut all the need / greed rubbish
#
Captain
# 5
12-23-2012, 04:41 PM
I am inclined to agree. Mk X ANYTHING dropping in Elite STFs was somewhat surprising. Amusing yes, but surprising. At least the end mission loot is never anything weaker than mk XI blue (provided you get any, most of the time the lower DPS ships tend to only get maybe boosted OMs or a few more BnPs).

I would say remove mk X drops completely and replace them with at least mk XI greens. Of course you would keep the mk XI blue and up drops scarce. However, I am inclined to agree, mk X drops in an ESTF, as amusing as they are, aren't great.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lieutenant
# 6
12-24-2012, 03:46 AM
Before S7 we've recieved even Mk VII items. I think the drops are getting better, but still getting X and XI in a Elite STF is a jeer.
http://flotahispana.com/imagenes/fhlogoforo.png

Siguenos en: Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
12-24-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goltzhar View Post
As the title says... What is common and uncommon drops doing in ELITE STF's.

Is common and uncommon items ELITE?

My belief is that 99% of the players that enters ELITE stf's have at least blue and/or purple XI gear.

So what the H*** is white and green X drops doing there???

Suggestion: Remove them.

Thoughts?
I agree.
Amend loot in Elite STF's to drop as MINIMUM Blue XI.

Contrary to a previous post regarding his/her INCREASE in EC production, I have to say MY experience is less than satisfactory.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5
Captain
# 8
12-24-2012, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
I agree.
Amend loot in Elite STF's to drop as MINIMUM Blue XI.

Contrary to a previous post regarding his/her INCREASE in EC production, I have to say MY experience is less than satisfactory.
I would disagree with you. Make the minimum mk XI white/green. If you make the minimum mk XI blue, you will drive prices down incredibly far incredibly fast on the exchange by simply making the supply match if not exceed the demand. Which will result in a loss of revenue on your part and everyone else.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
12-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I would disagree with you. Make the minimum mk XI white/green. If you make the minimum mk XI blue, you will drive prices down incredibly far incredibly fast on the exchange by simply making the supply match if not exceed the demand. Which will result in a loss of revenue on your part and everyone else.
I stand by my original post.

Being ELITE loot, they should be rare and valuable.
And really, the only people who would be affected are the ones selling Blue mkXI gear for an obscene amount of EC.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5
Career Officer
# 10
12-26-2012, 05:43 AM
I think you're misunderstanding how Elite fits into the whole scenario.

It's not a sign of the quality of loot drops, but the "Difficulty" of the mission.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports