Lieutenant
# 1 Alloy + Armor or Alloyx2
01-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Given that their are diminishing returns on consoles. Would it be better to stack 2 Neutronium Alloy, or mix in Neutronium Alloy and a particular armor? I'm more looking for hard numbers. Obviously it would give a boost regardless to kenetic resist. I'm just curious what the drop off in percentage is for the second alloy, and if it's worth it to incrase it in the energy types being missed, while taking a hit to the others.
Captain
# 2
01-04-2013, 11:33 AM
2 Neutroniums and youre good.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
# 3
01-04-2013, 11:42 AM
There is no diminishing return on the number of consoles.
There is a diminishing return on the actual resist percentage itself.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Lieutenant
# 4
01-04-2013, 11:45 AM
If you have 2 slots, your choice should be a double Neutronium Alloy.

However, if you had a third slot available, a Diburnium could help you, since Phaser and Disruptor are the most common damage in PvP.
(Obviously, a 3 Neutronium combo is still a good choice).

Fly and test your resistance ;D
P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
...and 21 other characters!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2013, 11:52 AM
About armor and Effective hitpoints calculation..
http://imageshack.us/content_round.p...536/resist.png

So in base mode my ship have 42,591 hitpoints.
My shield is a Mako mk 12 (5%) bleedthrew.

Incoming damage of a 1000 on shields, give me 50 hull damage witch is reduced by 37.4% ~~19 points or so in damage. So instead of thinking in resist like this you could say that

Now if I have low shields I take damage to the hull directly 1000 damage on hull reduced by 37.4% i take 626 damage.

But I could say instead my hull is ~~42600 and incoming damage is reduced by 37.4% or I take rather 62.6% giving more surviablity (Effective hull points) ~~68051hp.

Now having shields up all the time is always better 10%bleedthrew and 5%bleedtrew shields make this alot harder to kill shielded targets but not many teams can manage to keep the shields up on their players due to many reasons one of them being subnuke and then its quite good to have some base hull resist.
Noone.
Lieutenant
# 6
01-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm thinking about going the route of zero point energy conduit to up my critical followed by 2 neutronium. Would having a third neutronium be so good of an increase in defense to lean more in favor of that than the increased critical?
Captain
# 7
01-04-2013, 02:15 PM
I rarely run more then one Neutronium armour.

Look into a Hazard Doff... cost of one doff slot... Extra Neut armour on demand.

In general I find with a resilient shield... one neut is enough... as long as you have options to cleans dots these days.

If I do loose a facing... or am taking far to much bleed dmg... I brace for impact and for 10s I have the extra hazard doff armour.... BFI is up often enough that I find this gets me through 95% of the time. 5% of the time I die or make it by the skin of my pants... but so what I got an extra console slot for more Pew.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 8
01-04-2013, 04:18 PM
I single Neut because I get my second Neut from skills. This means I can drop that Uni in an Eng Console slot rather than taking up a Sci (not going to say taking up a Tac, cause that's just a no-no). A Neut would have diminishing returns - that Sci console's not going to have DR. Or maybe I'm looking at more than one Uni - I've still got the Neut covered by skills. Maybe it's not even a Uni, maybe I just really feel the need for a RCS or two.

Threat 3, Hull 6, Armor 3 and 1 Neut will give you ~1% better than 2 Neuts for Energy and around ~1% less for Kinetic.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Empire Veteran
# 9
01-04-2013, 05:26 PM
6 to energy resit, 3 to 6 to threat control. after that any armor console is only useful if you cant think of anything better to put there
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 10
01-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I rarely run more then one Neutronium armour.

Look into a Hazard Doff... cost of one doff slot... Extra Neut armour on demand.

In general I find with a resilient shield... one neut is enough... as long as you have options to cleans dots these days.

If I do loose a facing... or am taking far to much bleed dmg... I brace for impact and for 10s I have the extra hazard doff armour.... BFI is up often enough that I find this gets me through 95% of the time. 5% of the time I die or make it by the skin of my pants... but so what I got an extra console slot for more Pew.
In addition to this and what others have mentioned, I'd keep spares of focused energy resists. Often you'll find the heavy damage dealers on a team will be using the same damage type or at least a damage type that shares a console eg phasers/disrupters. You only need 1 of these as well.

APD is another resists source. PH, Aux2Sif, HE, Aux2Damp all have resist options as well that you can roll depending on your build. This frees up Eng slots for other options such as turn rate, universal consoles, and some repair boosts depending on the roll you want your build to fill.

PS Hazzards trigger w/ramming speed in addition to BFI.