Starfleet Veteran
# 1 NPC questions . Please help
01-01-2013, 02:46 AM
It is my 3rd time in the foundary , but I still dont have a clue. My previous foundarys where a sort of Enterprise D approach, loads of talking but not much fighting, coz it made life easier to make for me. Anyway, I know there is an option to choose an NPC Contact, but can you make that contact battle? I dont want NPC groups, but a single ship ... so is there anyway to make it be an enemy. Also can you make an NPC group , like a federation one, be a the enemy? Or the (for example) Breen NPC group to be your allies? Thansk for reading
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Lieutenant
# 2
01-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately, the only way to be able to make NPC's fightable is by adding groups. Groups aren't terribly hard to defeat if you stick to the lower ranks. This is just one of the things that sucks about the Foundry. Single NPC contacts are those that you'd have around doing differents tasks such as those you would talk to. It sucks that you can't make the contact enter combat. If you ask me, it be cool if you could have a single Borg Captain or something of that nature that you'd talk to and then later combat.
Primary Character: Ramin
Ship: U.S.S. Versailles (Assault Cruiser: Strategic Ops/Support)
Specialty: Tactical, long range/assault
Captain
# 3
01-01-2013, 11:03 AM
You can use triggers and invisible walls to speak to a mob then fight them after. This is also helpful if you want to have optional combats in your mission.
Rihannsu
# 4
01-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Erm... you CAN make an NPC despawn now. Thus you could start a fight with them and have them disappear. I did it in my foundry challenge mission. On the research base, just interact with the forcefield, then interact with the wall console to the left of it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.