Starfleet Veteran
For some reason when I try to get a NPC Contact inside one of the Drydock detail objects, it can either sit halfway stuck in the top of the Drydock, or halfway stuck in the bottom of the Drydock, but never actually inside the Drydock where I want it.

I think it might be because the Drydock is collidable? I think the NPC Contact is kind of getting squeezed out of the Drydock after it spawns (just a theory). I think I could get a ship in the Drydock if it was another detail object, but there are a whole two Federation ships in the detail object list that aren't damaged, a Miranda and a Freighter.

I would appreciate it if more ships were added to the list of detail objects! Thank You!
Career Officer
# 2
01-01-2013, 05:27 PM
My suggestion is to try experimenting on a test map with spawning the drydock first, and then the contact second using an interact. Then try it the other way around (contact first, drydock second).

See if the results are different. I believe one of those two ways should prevent the ship from being "pushed out".

If you figure out which one then what you can do is place a map dialogue that pops up when the map loads. The contact or object that needs to be shown second can either be shown as a result of component complete on that dialogue, or as a dialogue prompt reached on the first box of that dialogue.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 3
01-01-2013, 08:15 PM
I had a problem with this before. All you have to do is set up the triggers so that the drydock always spawns before its corresponding ship. Both will spawn where they're supposed to be.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q